3800 AAHHH Big dent in garage floor

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I was loading up the two engine blocks into the van (takin it to pictors tomorrow) and i was wearing my mechanix gloves. A buddy was helping me lift them. The first engine was torn all the war down with only 5 pistons on them.. so barely anything. Still VERY heavy. I From the point where it was, to the point where the van was, was about 10 feet. We picked it up and trotted over to the van. We obviously had our arms extended down becuase it is too heavy to bend our arms. I said "On the count of 3, heave it up there and try to place it in."

I get to 1, then i feel it slip. It went in slow motion there... my friend tried to counter it by lifting hard on his end.. but the corner of the block just planted in the ground, along with another shard peice.

For those of you who may have seen my garage, this is a $5,000 floor :(

A dent on 1 part about the size of a quarter, and another dent, that took off the top layer of the floor, the size of the quarter. I am so pissed right now, because my parents are letting me take up all 3 stalls in the garage for over 2 months now. They have had to park their cars outside this whole time in the cold. And now this happens... Ugh.

The second motor went in fine tho.... this had the heads on it too. The lighter motor is the one that slipped. yikes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info