3800 Opinions on be betraying myself....

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK so here is the deal. I have a silver gtp as some may no. I am in the process of porting/polishing a l67 lower manifold and building a upper intake manifold. Now I want to spray paint the upper manifold to give it some type of corrosion resistance....not getting it powder-coated right now, maybe later.

So i am not one to go show. But I figured since I would be painting that, since I have the lower manifold in my hands, and since the valve covers are only a few bolts away during the install, i thought I would clean up the engine bay with some spray painting. I have some extra valve covers and engine-head mounts that I will be doing the painting to, also.

Personally I like the black theme under the hood right now. So I was thinking of just emphasizing it a little. My idea is to just paint the following items with Glossy black engine paint (500*)

Valve covers
Lower intake manifold
Upper intake manifold
Cross angle beams
Engine mounts at the radiator
dogbones
engine-head mounts

Yea I think thats it. So do you guys think that would look good, should i not paint some of the items to "contrast" it, or should i paint them a different color. Must be a color of engine spray paint, cause im not going fancy :)

Any and all suggestions will be heard. Thank you for your time....now im going to take a cold shower... :blink:

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
yeah id defiently say do some contrasting stuff.

do u have any appearance mods at all? i'd try and match up with those if u have any.

pretty much any color can go with silver or black, but i'd say red would be good because ur gauges, tailights, and pont emblem are all already red so that would keep the car pretty cohesive that way if u used red to contrast the black.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
My only appearance mod so far has been debadging the car. I like the sleeper look.

For some reason I just dont see red and silver as a good mixture, with silver being the primary color. With red being the primary color and a silver/aluminum paint then I think that looks good. Thats what my brother just did the other day.

What other colors do you think would work. How about white?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK im thinking that I will paint the engine mounts at radiator, dogbones, diaganol braces, and the upper intake manifold all gloss black. Then paint the valve covers, lower intake manifold, and the mounts that attach the the head a glossy white.

Opinions....dont let me kill her....i want her to be pretty.... :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list