3800 just had to get car towed

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
I went out with my gf for dinner, then we ran to like 5 places by my house in tinley, then we get all the way out to the library in Frankfort, and i go up to the doors to see if it's open, and when i start heading back to the car, it just dies. tried starting it and it started up for like 3 seconds, then slowly dies out, then tried starting it and floored it and it stayed for a couple seconds then slowly dies out again. So i dunno wtf is wrong, i got had to wait an hour for the tow truck to come and they took it to ponitac, so i guess i will find out tomorrow what is wrong, it doesn't sound like the fuel pump cause the car would start and actually run. so i dunno. Shitt v-day.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Feb 14 2005, 11:16 PM
That sucks. Hopfully it isnt anything big. Was it running fine before that?? How was it running when you got it started for the few seconds?
[snapback]71371[/snapback]​

Ya it was runnin fine, when it started it ran fine for about 2 seconds then started chugging and would die. I just drove past pontiac and my car was there, so i know it made it there ok, i'm gonna go work out now and let off some steam before i punch a hole in somethin.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 15 2005, 02:36 AM
my guess is battery died. may need new alternator.
[snapback]71381[/snapback]​

Def. not the alternator, i have gone through 2 of them, so i know how to spot them right away. I dunno, pontiac called me a little bit ago and said they were gonna look at the car, so i guess i'll find out later on what happened. Better be covered on my extended warranty or someone will get hurt.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Wow how crazy is this! My car did the exact same thing this morning....

I get up and start the car and then driving for about 10 minutes and then boom the car just dies while driving. So I coast into a gas station and then try and restart it, sure enough it starts and then dies 3 seonds later. It just keeps re-occuring so I had to get that beast towed and looked at. I told them I think it is either the fuel pump resistor or fuel pump itself, so we will see.

Just a sucky way to start your morning at 5:15 and then have to drive around with Billy Bob in the tow truck! Oh well sucks for now...

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Feb 15 2005, 08:37 AM

I get up and start the car and then driving for about 10 minutes and then boom the car just dies while driving. So I coast into a gas station and then try and restart it, sure enough it starts and then dies 3 seonds later. It just keeps re-occuring so I had to get that beast towed and looked at. I told them I think it is either the fuel pump resistor or fuel pump itself, so we will see.

Just a sucky way to start your morning at 5:15 and then have to drive around with Billy Bob in the tow truck! Oh well sucks for now...
[snapback]71394[/snapback]​

It does sound like the fp resistor. You can do the relay bypass method or the splice the resistor wire method. You guys shouldnt be paying a shop to do this work - especially since there are people in the club that can help you out. :)

J.E.T.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by J.E.T.+Feb 15 2005, 09:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rjaz gtp
@Feb 15 2005, 08:37 AM

[snapback]71394[/snapback]​

It does sound like the fp resistor. You can do the relay bypass method or the splice the resistor wire method. You guys shouldnt be paying a shop to do this work - especially since there are people in the club that can help you out. :)

J.E.T.
[snapback]71402[/snapback]​
[/b]
FPR hotwire fix ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info