3800 Power Slots on eBay

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Feb 10 2005, 04:07 PM
both are good but if you are planning to do the upgrade look for the impala rotors.
[snapback]70970[/snapback]​

I don't know yet about the upgrade, I'm still debating. My budget just got worst, I might just buy some cheap ones from AutoZone or something like that.

What brand do you guys use for just plain rotors?

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by My GT The White Stallion@Feb 10 2005, 09:47 PM
I bought my cross drilled and slotted rotors from Trinet Motors off of ebay and I absolutely love them. They were cheaper then buying stock as well. Just an idea...

Morgan
[snapback]71009[/snapback]​

Do you know if they were from a certain brand name?

I think I'm just going to get stock size ones but I'll see if I get the power slots or Brembo.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Hey guys thanks for all the help, I just placed my order for the TriNet rotors. Hope they turn out good.

Now I'm on my way to PFY.com for the brake pads. What do you guys think I should get? I believe the Raybestos quiet stop are my best choice. I think I'll just get regular brake pads for the rear from autozone or any local store.

Any other suggestions on brake pads?

Thanks!

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Originally posted by alexgtp@Feb 14 2005, 11:06 AM
Raybestos Quiet stops are great pads.

I also like the EBC brakes the "GREEN STUFF" cant beat the kevlar pads :).
[snapback]71283[/snapback]​

Aren't those pretty harsh on the rotors? Same with hawks? I mean they incredible stopping power, but they warp your rotors faster than regular pads from what i remember. Wagner thermoquiets have worked wonders for me, and of course you can't be raybestos

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by cacicgtp7+Feb 14 2005, 01:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-alexgtp
@Feb 14 2005, 11:06 AM
Raybestos Quiet stops are great pads.

I also like the EBC brakes the "GREEN STUFF" cant beat the kevlar pads :).
[snapback]71283[/snapback]​

Aren't those pretty harsh on the rotors? Same with hawks? I mean they incredible stopping power, but they warp your rotors faster than regular pads from what i remember. Wagner thermoquiets have worked wonders for me, and of course you can't be raybestos
[snapback]71304[/snapback]​
[/b]

YEs they are .. these are not for your stock rotors. SOrry forgot to mention that.. I have aftermarket EBC rotors.and they are holding up awesome! :D

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Alright well, I ordered my Raybestos quiet stop along with a K&N 9'' cone filter and the 99+ coolant botle, I thought mine as well since I'm spending on shipping. So I'll be looking at setting up a FWI and new brakes and rotors way before the summer starts. That way I can continue on to the PCM and Pulley next. Although I'll need to scan it for knock way before the pulley.

Thanks for the help.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Hey, if you're thinking of a fwi, I'll have a decent one for sale soon. 3.5" mild steel. I made a new one that's getting back from Jet hot in the next few days, so this one's coming off. I have to clean it up a little, but sending it out to get it coated isn't expensive. I'll put pics up of my new coated one when it comes in.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 15 2005, 09:13 AM
Hey, if you're thinking of a fwi, I'll have a decent one for sale soon. 3.5" mild steel. I made a new one that's getting back from Jet hot in the next few days, so this one's coming off. I have to clean it up a little, but sending it out to get it coated isn't expensive. I'll put pics up of my new coated one when it comes in.
[snapback]71401[/snapback]​

how much is it to get it coated? I was thinking of stopping by Home Depot and getting some pvc or abs pipes (which ones are better?) and just build one.

I think that "mild steel" one you have probably gets too hot. Doesn't it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info