3800 My Trip 2 Speed Inc

S

sr71_rgl

Went there last night to pick up a coworkers 99 TA. He guy went all out and replaced his already built LS1/LS6/N20 motor with a 6L caddy Escalade motor bored to 408ci with a 11.5:1 cr :eek: I went for test ride and couldn't get traction at 60mph :p They dyno'd it at 441hp/515tq but he claims the th400 trans should be able to handle that plus the nitrous no problem. I also got to witness a hugger orange SS turbo put down 749whp on its first run. The damn thing sounded like a Boeing :lol:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
seems about right to me... it's probably a conservative 93 octane tune (Jim at speed generally tunes for max power w/out getting too close to the blow your motor limit)... 11.5:1 compression isn't that much either for an NA car... LS6 is 10.5:1 or 10.6:1 factory

as for the rwhp... figure he's going through a TH400 and 12 bolt at least... though could even be a 9" (heavier and even more parasitic loss) ... plus he probably has at least a Chromoly driveshaft... maybe even a Dennys N20 or similar DS which weighs a ton

Plus it's doubtful he went w/a locking TH400 so that was unlocked... if you could lock that up that rwhp would jump up prolly 20-30 ... prolly losing another 30-40rwhp due to the parasitic loss from the TH400 and heavier rear... so that's not too bad that thing is probably making around 600hp at the crank

He'll probably pick up even more once he has some more miles on it and everything comes together

And that TH400 should definetly handle that power w/a lil (200 or 300 shot ) spray ... a well built TH400 (which there are alot of very skilled builders of) can handle alot of torque ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list