3800 Passed Emissions.....After 3 Tries

S

sr71_rgl

So the other week I decided to get the emissions test out of the way and thought I'd be extra safe by clearing the codes out the night before.....big mistake. It took nearly 3 weeks of driving for the PCM to get enough new data to where my car wouldn't say "unreadable". Needless to say I was happy that I passed w/my current mods. The feeling of satisfaction was quickly erased however when some jagoff naperville gell cop pulled me over on '59 and N. Aurora for loud exhaust and wrote me for my front tints :angry: Can you believe it's $75 for a non moving violation???

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Feb 3 2005, 12:14 PM
So the other week I decided to get the emissions test out of the way and thought I'd be extra safe by clearing the codes out the night before.....big mistake. It took nearly 3 weeks of driving for the PCM to get enough new data to where my car wouldn't say "unreadable". Needless to say I was happy that I passed w/my current mods.  The feeling of satisfaction was quickly erased however when some jagoff naperville gell cop pulled me over on '59 and N. Aurora for loud exhaust and wrote me for my front tints  :angry:  Can you believe it's $75 for a non moving violation???
[snapback]70215[/snapback]​

Ohh, ohh, question. So I went to get tested.... and failed because I took out the EGR when I put in the IC, so I failed...

What did you guys do for the form they tell you to fill in. I have a ERG sim and dont receive any codes, and let the car rest. Do I just sign mine and say I did the fixing? or should i have a shop fill in the info?

I have to bring it back by the end of the month or i lose my liscence, so they say

Joe A

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Feb 3 2005, 12:14 PM
So the other week I decided to get the emissions test out of the way and thought I'd be extra safe by clearing the codes out the night before.....big mistake. It took nearly 3 weeks of driving for the PCM to get enough new data to where my car wouldn't say "unreadable". Needless to say I was happy that I passed w/my current mods.  The feeling of satisfaction was quickly erased however when some jagoff naperville gell cop pulled me over on '59 and N. Aurora for loud exhaust and wrote me for my front tints  :angry:  Can you believe it's $75 for a non moving violation???
I used to work off that street a long time ago. I got pulled over for the same thing with a different car; guy even climbed under the car to check for a cat. Must be a hot spot for them there.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by joeyboy777+Feb 3 2005, 01:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sr71_rgl
@Feb 3 2005, 12:14 PM

Ohh, ohh, question. So I went to get tested.... and failed because I took out the EGR when I put in the IC, so I failed...

What did you guys do for the form they tell you to fill in. I have a ERG sim and dont receive any codes, and let the car rest. Do I just sign mine and say I did the fixing? or should i have a shop fill in the info?

I have to bring it back by the end of the month or i lose my liscence, so they say

Joe A
[snapback]70227[/snapback]​
[/b]
You may be kind of SOL. I had a problem with passing my truck because the cat was bad. After the 3rd test IIRC, it is policy that only a certified mechanic can touch it, and you need to show a receipt. Did you tell them you removed it, or is that just what the code said? You really don't want to tell them anything other that you'll check it out.

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
You may be kind of SOL. I had a problem with passing my truck because the cat was bad. After the 3rd test IIRC, it is policy that only a certified mechanic can touch it, and you need to show a receipt. Did you tell them you removed it, or is that just what the code said? You really don't want to tell them anything other that you'll check it out.
[snapback]70229[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have only done one test, I failed the first one. The code came up on the machine even though I used the LS1m to erase it. It used to come on once in a while. After the test I got the EGR sim, so now the code satys off. I never told them anything. They just said to fill in the form, there is an area to select eiter I did the work, or have a tech fill in the area.

So if I only failed one test, the code came up... Now i have no code from fixing. Do I just go there?

Joe A

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Well if you erase a code the day you have to go you have to wait aleast a week for the car to reset its codes or something like that. Thats why i failed the first time. But then again you also have to have the car running around for at least 15min and then take it in and that is how i passed.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Congrats on Passing! I go in for emissions in 2 months... but all my readiness tests are "complete" so I should be all good

Sux about the tickets though... but all part of driving illegally... I gotta ticket new years day for loud exhaust (though mine's prolly a bit louder) ... I'd love to put tints all around... but not worth the hastle

And joeyboy777 can you PLEASE remove your signature? That image is almost a megabyte! No need to have a sig that big and the animated part of it is fuggin w/my computer... (and I'd guess others that have slower work computers)

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by horist@Feb 3 2005, 02:23 PM
And joeyboy777  can you PLEASE remove your signature?  That image is almost a megabyte!  No need to have a sig that big and the animated part of it is fuggin w/my computer...  (and I'd guess others that have slower work computers)
[snapback]70238[/snapback]​
Done and done yo, I dint realize the size till now, I just ganked it from my music board.
Joe A

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by joeyboy777+Feb 3 2005, 02:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Feb 3 2005, 02:23 PM
And joeyboy777  can you PLEASE remove your signature?  That image is almost a megabyte!   No need to have a sig that big and the animated part of it is fuggin w/my computer...  (and I'd guess others that have slower work computers)
[snapback]70238[/snapback]​
Done and done yo, I dint realize the size till now, I just ganked it from my music board.
Joe A
[snapback]70242[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks :) my work box isn't exactly the best... but still 1.2Ghz and it was hurtin exploder heh so I'm sure others were having some issues too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info