3800 blower porting

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well for starters, look at the porting guidlines on the standard abrasives website. They concentrate on head porting, but a lot of the same techniques apply. Use the kiss principle, and don't go nuts shaping everything. If you have already disabled the egr, fill in the hole and divot for sure. If you go with epxoy to fill in any thing, use Devcon powdered metal epoxy for aluminum. The stuff is excellent, but hard to find. Just beware, get it as smooth as you can while it's still wet. It is as strong as steel when cured, and as hard to sand smooth. I'll have a project starting soon, but probably won't complete it for a few months. When I'm done, my old blower is coming off for a rebuild, rotor re-coat, and mild porting.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Jan 26 2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks ron that sight is very helpfull.

thanks,
Brett
[snapback]68927[/snapback]​

Be Careful... Hand porting is an art and you need patience and a still hand. The most important part is to make everything as smooth as possible. This is why we CNC machine our blowers... I don't trust my hands and a grinder. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1quick
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list