3800 Plug Wires ..

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by burtgtp1973@Jan 23 2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the response .. but i was more interested inwhat the general sensus is on stock VS aftermarket  wires .. is there gains to be had or paying for a name ?
[snapback]68627[/snapback]​

As far as I know, stockers run just fine.

Quoted from ZZP's Website:

Aftermarket Plug wires
Unless you have a problem with your stock wires, don't buy aftermarket ones. In our experience of working on GPs the failure rate of aftermarket wires is over 10 times that of stock wires. GM puts everything they have into making cars get the best mileage they can with the least amount of problems. A poor ignition system would increase emissions, which GM couldn't afford. This means plug wires from the factory are designed for high spark, low radio noise and excellent performance. All of the ZZP cars run stock wires.

http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/info/bad_mods.htm

Now if you plan on changing your plugs every 6 months, then I would probably suggest aftermarket wires like PRJ's. Since there is less of a chance of destroying a wire when replacing them over, and over...

Good luck.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
As far as I know, stockers run just fine.

Quoted from ZZP's Website:

Aftermarket Plug wires
Unless you have a problem with your stock wires, don't buy aftermarket ones. In our experience of working on GPs the failure rate of aftermarket wires is over 10 times that of stock wires. GM puts everything they have into making cars get the best mileage they can with the least amount of problems. A poor ignition system would increase emissions, which GM couldn't afford. This means plug wires from the factory are designed for high spark, low radio noise and excellent performance. All of the ZZP cars run stock wires.

http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/info/bad_mods.htm
[snapback]68628[/snapback]​
[/quote]

OK ... JK99GTP which wires are you running and what are your mods ?

and which plugs ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list