3800 WTB: complete SC

I

imported_Ron Vogel

gen 3, the monte's still have a throttle cable on them. I was basically looking for something that didn't need all new seals and bearings to port and throw on the car. It was more than I was looking to pay, but cheaper than a rebuild anyway.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yes, it's complete. When I get off my old SC, it'll probably get rebuilt before I sell it. I'll have it beadblasted, replace the needle bearings, coupler, and seals. I may also get the rotors recoated. I just don't have the time to do all that and have the car down too long.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 21 2005, 07:54 AM
Yes, it's complete. When I get off my old SC, it'll probably get rebuilt before I sell it. I'll have it beadblasted, replace the needle bearings, coupler, and seals. I may also get the rotors recoated. I just don't have the time to do all that and have the car down too long.
[snapback]68351[/snapback]​
Are you having that ported Ron? We have some pretty attractive porting prices... ;) :lol:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have some custom stuff to do to it. I'm not going nuts on it, but I'll port/polish it. Mostly mild clean up. I'm welding in a FI bung for the alky, and probably get it coated; but not sure with what yet. I may just clean up the rough cast on the outside of the housing and go with a clear powdercoat. I may have Jet hot coat the outside only for looks, but if I'm spending that much it may just get chromed too. There's a turbo supplier out of Cali that can do a carbon fiber overlay coating in any color you want and that's another option. I found it by accident. www.turbohoses.com I was looking for some tubing and saw the Eaton they did on there. Check out the other pics too. Stuff is really nice.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 21 2005, 10:27 AM
I have some custom stuff to do to it. I'm not going nuts on it, but I'll port/polish it. Mostly mild clean up. I'm welding in a FI bung for the alky, and probably get it coated; but not sure with what yet. I may just clean up the rough cast on the outside of the housing and go with a clear powdercoat. I may have Jet hot coat the outside only for looks, but if I'm spending that much it may just get chromed too. There's a turbo supplier out of Cali that can do a carbon fiber overlay coating in any color you want and that's another option. I found it by accident. www.turbohoses.com I was looking for some tubing and saw the Eaton they did on there. Check out the other pics too. Stuff is really nice.
Don't coat it. Coating holds in heat and that's something you don't want. If you must touch it, polish it. This will still nominally increase heat as the casting roughness is actually a sort of heat sink. Personally, I would just paint it and call it a day.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have a painted blower and hate it. I've heard the debates about coated/uncoated. Technically yes, it will hold in heat. However, a flat black painted blower would technically shed more. At IDDV I went around measuring blower temps and didn't see any large difference in blower temps other than if the car was IC'd or not. I can say with confidence that blocking the coolant passages to a blower that is not IC'd will make it run about 10-15 deg hotter, but that's about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info