3800 What do you guys think of this bike?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
yzf6-4.jpg

Have the opportunity to pick it up off of someone at work, VERY cheap.

I've never driven a bike before so I think it would be an ok starter only a 600 so I wont kill myself right away.

asked some people about it on chitown racing and I'm about 80% on buying it right now.

just seeing if anyone else here has any input.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by RareGMFan+Jan 20 2005, 04:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kyle
@Jan 20 2005, 03:59 PM
the pic isnt showing up for u guys? weird i can see it on mine just fine.

anyway, any opinions?
[snapback]68260[/snapback]​

It's so fast, the picture missed it! But anyways, yes, I think it will be a GREAT replacement for the Tracker as a daily driver!! :D
[snapback]68261[/snapback]​
[/b]

haha not a replacement, cuz i'd only be driving it around the same time i drive the gtp lol.

actually D i think i'm buyin a truck soon to replace the tracher, just tryin to find the right one.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

YZF or CBR 600...good beginner bikes; inspire confidence, stable platforms, low cost, just engough power to keep you happy.

R6/gsxr 600's...stay away; nervous handling, too much power for beginners, lure you into higher than newbie speed cornering.

my .02

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM
YZF or CBR 600...good beginner bikes; inspire confidence, stable platforms, low cost, just engough power to keep you happy.

R6/gsxr 600's...stay away; nervous handling, too much power for beginners, lure you into higher than newbie speed cornering.

my .02
[snapback]68263[/snapback]​

yeah thats what i was thinking ron, just trying to start easy and not kill myself for awhile atleast. :eek:

what all can u do to mod bikes anyway?
I doubt FI is something people do.

do u stil have ur bike ron?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Still have the bike, it's going to get turbo'd or a big bore kit going in when I have the money for it. It only had dyno'd 153 rwhp, it'd be more fun with 175/180.

Most people go with a pipe and jet kit, and maybe some gearing. Pipe and jet kits nice, and I prefer bikes to be loud so cars around you know your there. Changing gearing on a bike is really easy, you go down on the front, or up in the back gear (teeth) to make them steeper. A lightweight set of gears/chain kit is nice because it'll make the bike more flickable.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 20 2005, 04:54 PM
Still have the bike, it's going to get turbo'd or a big bore kit going in when I have the money for it. It only had dyno'd 153 rwhp, it'd be more fun with 175/180.

Most people go with a pipe and jet kit, and maybe some gearing. Pipe and jet kits nice, and I prefer bikes to be loud so cars around you know your there. Changing gearing on a bike is really easy, you go down on the front, or up in the back gear (teeth) to make them steeper. A lightweight set of gears/chain kit is nice because it'll make the bike more flickable.
[snapback]68267[/snapback]​

when people say a bike is jetted what does that mean anyway?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info