3800 What do you think? Worth it?

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
I need a lesser monthly payment. And I never took a liking to the 2004 GT2. So Im looking to trade her in.

Found this 2002 Grand Prix GTP at a local dealer.

Heres the description:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Suprchargd $ 11,995
Mileage 54,913 Miles

- FEATURES -
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Head Up Display
Single CD Player
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Power Door Locks
Power Windows
Gauge Cluster
Clock
Trip Odometer
Tachometer
Tilt Steering Wheel
Interval Wipers
Rear Defroster
Remote Trunk Lid
Driver Side Air Bag
Vanity Mirror
Front Bucket Seats
Reclining Seats
Power Driver's Seat
Leather Upholstery
Chrome Rims Wheels
Graphics Equalizer
Anti-lock Braking System
Passenger Side Air Bag
Heated Seat
AM/FM Stereo Radio
Rear Spoiler
Power Mirrors
Dual Zone Climate Cntrl
Auto Express Down Window
Moon Roof
Remote Stereo Controls
Traction Control

Bodystyle 4 Dr Sedan

Color Red,
Mileage 54,913 Miles
Engine 3.8 liter 6 Cyl. Fuel Injected
Transmission Automatic With Overdrive
Stock # 69***
VIN # 1G2WR52172F******
Warranty Yes

Heres the Pics:

02GPGTP1.jpg

02GTGTP2.jpg

02GTGTP3.jpg

1. Do you think its worth the money?
2. Rims look good, but a little heavy. Anyone know what kind they are? Size?
3. Mileage is a little high. Anything I should be concerned about approaching 60K miles?

Thanks in advance for comments guys.

-ern

S

sr71_rgl

Never buy a used car off a lot...unless you like gettin hammered in the ole wagon wheel :blink: If you have no choice (there's always a choice) and feel you need to deal w/a stealership keep in mind the list price of almost any used car is at least 2k more than what they paid for it (unless its a vette. then make it 5k) ....this coming from a few friends that sell or used to sell used cars. Always try to buy from a private party. You almost always get a better price, possibly some extra goodies and you get to evaluate the owner as well as the car. Either way that GP looks pretty good but if you pay more than $9200 out the door you got HAMMERED. GL w/your decision.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
10k would seem like a good price. I would worry more about wrecks and stuff. How is the SC ? couple grand to fix it if its been trashed.
And what about yours? Do you still owe? How much, how long? You don't lower your payments if you roll neg eq. and now have a longer loan.

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
Originally posted by Aircal@Jan 18 2005, 04:38 PM
10k would seem like a good price. I would worry more about wrecks and stuff. How is the SC ? couple grand to fix it if its been trashed.
And what about yours? Do you still owe? How much, how long? You don't lower your payments if you roll neg eq. and now have a longer loan.
[snapback]68005[/snapback]​

You got a PM. :)

-ern

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by markymarc@Jan 18 2005, 04:23 PM
Has anyone had the leather replaced?  I have some serious veins on the driver side, most likely from how I get in and out of the car.  If waranty does not cover it, what cost am I looking at?  Or where should I go?

I apologize for hijacking the thread.
[snapback]68003[/snapback]​
A Katskins leather kit for a GP is typically 700-800 + install. It's also nicer than stock. PFYC.com may still carry it. I did a strut install for a local member that had one, and it looked awesome. Can't remember his username though; it's been a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info