3800 My Custom Built Intake

I

itlnrob

Well I bought the setup from PFYC.com

The 9 Inch Cone filter

And the Elbow bend from the the throttle body.

My 97 PCM is a huge monster and was in the airbox. So when i removed the old box, I had the PCM just sitting there. I know a lot of people use Plexyglass for boxes....

Mind you i'm not that good at building stuff, i went to homedepot and bought some stuff.

Here is my Box, its not completely covered.....

There is a piece in the back blocking it from the header, and its open in the front so cold air can hit it coming from underneath the car/radiator area.

Also there is a lot of space from the cone where the cold air is coming in from that hole in the fenderwall...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I wish my filter still looked that good. Anyway it's more important that the sides are sheilded than the front and back. Under the hood, air flows front to back; from over the headlight to under the cowl (esp with the weatherstripping removed). Enclosing the box may actually trap hot air whereas keeping the front and back open lets it flow past. Insulating between the crossover and the AC condender (Dryer?) will help the most. The A/C components are very close to the exhaust, and they are right under the filter. Keeping it insulated from those parts will help keep IAT's down.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
While highway driving my BTK cai is right around a degree or 2 of outside temps...

If you ever seen this thing it is one fine piece of work.

The gap tolerances are pretty damm tight. Not much chance for any hot air to enter.

Ron, if your sealed pretty well on all sides, there is no reason why you would trap heat with a full enclosure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list