3800 New M3

Pulled up behind a new M3 the other night...we were in the left lane by 83 and north ave. Light goes green and i guess he heard my exhaust, so he punched it and went in the middle lane, soon as i saw him jump ahead i drop it and jerk over to the right lane, reeling him in and gaining about 1.5 cars on him up to 120...i hit the breaks cuz my injectors were cutting out and he kept flooring it for a while, so i dunno if he was just pissed that he lost to a GP or what, haha...ipw's are like 24 btw, so the car doesn't pull near its potential. With some injectors, i have a feeling i woulda raped him by a hell of a lot more.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I'm gonna call bullshit on this one.

The 05 M3 has 333hp and weighs 200lbs less than you. It does the quarter in low 13s...like 13.3.

If he really did get the hit and you punched it after he was rolling, that would eliminate your torque advantage.

The only way you wouldn't have gotten blown away is if he was a crappy driver. To pull on him...not believing it.

F

fastcash

not quite bullshit. the tq is 262, and the hp is 333. but i am sure that is at the fly wheel. this guys numbers are larger and are whp wtq numbers, plus he was running a little lean, which most know is a few more ponies. so...in his defense, if his numbers are not lying, he would have smoked the beemer.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
jons car is a beast on the high end. he pulls buslengths on lightly modded Ls1's up top, he would pull strong up top on my 00 mustang GT while spraying (trapped at 111 in the stang before i sold it)

one thing a lot of people dont realize- GTP's dont shift into 3rd till about 96mph, most cars are in or near overdrive at this point. youve definitely got the gear advantage on the highway in a GP vs most cars.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
[/quote]

hmmm not calling you a liar, but that has to be one very modded gtp.

My gtp can't compare topend to my ws6. not even close.
[snapback]67943[/snapback]​
[/quote]

my friend has an 02 Ws6, auto- 3600 stall TC, Kooks headers to true duals with an x, (factory with the ls6 intake) asp underdrive pulley, lid, Throttle body, and various suspension mods.

we all went up to the track and i shit you not the GP was walking ALL OVER the ws6 on the highway. off the line is a different story, the ws6 would jump like 5-6 cars on him. but from an 80 roll it didnt stand a chance. we were going up there with a crew of about 4 Fbodies and the results were more in jons favor with each than that ws6 that he pulled buslengths on, some of them were m6 too

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
If he is in the 12's and is what you said, props man.

I remember racing a silver '02 M3 which was slightly modified by DINAN (he autocrosses it), from a roll and from a stop.

He had a good 4 cars on me from 30mph within 3 seconds. From a stop it was over a car before we even passed under the light pole.

My dream car is still a turbo M3...

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by xttc2000@Jan 18 2005, 01:53 PM

my friend has an 02 Ws6, auto- 3600 stall TC, Kooks headers to true duals with an x, (factory with the ls6 intake) asp underdrive pulley, lid, Throttle body, and various suspension mods.

we all went up to the track and i shit you not the GP was walking ALL OVER the ws6 on the highway. off the line is a different story, the ws6 would jump like 5-6 cars on him. but from an 80 roll it didnt stand a chance. we were going up there with a crew of about 4 Fbodies and the results were more in jons favor with each than that ws6 that he pulled buslengths on, some of them were m6 too
[snapback]67995[/snapback]​

I'd have to see it to believe it.

When I bought my GTP my dad was in my ws6 and we were on I-55.

From a 70 Roll with him 3/4 gas and me full throttle he smoked me and pulled hard.

Now my GTP was stock, but even if i go 3.4 pulley, Intake (which i have) and an Intense pcm, there still won't be a chance ( or at least i don't think so)

I could be wrong, but its just so hard to believe.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I think to hang with a LS1 you would need at least and IC or cam and running pretty well.

My car pulls pretty damm hard up top as comparted to before, but then again im runnin rich and have some KR issues. When this thing is runing right I should see a good increase in power.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by JennY+Jan 30 2005, 07:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rjaz gtp
@Jan 16 2005, 09:39 PM

:iagree:
[snapback]67810[/snapback]​
I also agree on this quote. Sorry, but my friend has a newer M3 and wow, nice ass ride.
[snapback]69578[/snapback]​
[/b]

care to take a challange?

I

imported_JennY

Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jan 30 2005, 07:52 PM-->
Originally posted by JennY@Jan 30 2005, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rjaz gtp
@Jan 16 2005, 09:39 PM

:iagree:
[snapback]67810[/snapback]​

I also agree on this quote. Sorry, but my friend has a newer M3 and wow, nice ass ride.
[snapback]69578[/snapback]​

care to take a challange?
[snapback]69584[/snapback]​
[/b]
Who me? Or him? Me..hell no haha...him...he probably will!!! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info