3800 need help with amp please!

hey everyone...im having alot of troubles with my amp. well at least i think its my amp.http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.a...&language=&tmode=1&smode=1&s=#1951013....that is my problem and no one really know whats wrong and neither do i....if you think that you might know the problem and you might wanna help i live in orland park...if you live by me i would REALLY appreciate your help. if you wanna come over and help me. i would come to you but i dont get my lisence untill aug :( but for anyone that thinks they can help i would really appreciate it

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
You said that when your volume is cranked you could barely hear the subs? The same thing happened to me...I don't know if it's the same but you could give it a shot...I also have a Pioneer head unit, and after i would disconnect the battery, all of my settings would be lost. So after i figured this out, changed the settings back, and i was back to wangin status with the subs :)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
just check a few things for me I will probly be able to help you What is your gain set at make shure you amp is set to lo pass your subs are 4 ohm the way you explained you have them set up you are drawing 2 ohm's but that would make them louder. check your fuse just becaus they are making some noise dose not mean they are geting power from the battery just by having the rca cables hooked up the subs will play music very soft.

But it sounds to me you did not properly adjust your amp

Brett

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
How do you have the speakers wired?

DO you have them wired to produce a 2 ohm load? If so make sure your amp is 2 ohm capable. Are you using the amp in :bridged mode:
or do you have the 2 ohm load wired to the L or R post?

Also as quick gs suggested.. make sure you have your low pass filters set correctly.. depending on woofer size 80,100,120 are respective cut off points.

also you might be experiencing clipping.. what you need to do is adjust your gain correctly.. to do this.. turn the gain all the way down on your sub amp. than turn the volume for the loudest you think you will ever play it. Than gradually increase the gain until you start to hear the subs start to clip...than back it off a bit once clipping is reached..

CLIPPING= when the speaker starts to become distorted in sound..

And lastly depending on which headunit you have.. Make sure you have enabled the subwoofer mode on your head unit. and also set the low pass freq on there also..using 16 guage wires to run larger woofers is not a good idea. smaller guage wiring tends to heat up quicker..especially in high watt applications. Also sound quality is reduced..

If you need any help i am in the orland park area..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info