3800 HID's arent working! son of a.....

I

imported_GraFFix

My HID's went out yesterday..I dont know why. but they wont turn on now. and I dont think it could be the ballast because their both out. I might have to dig into it and check the grounds or something i dont know what else to check :( any ideas?

I had to buy plain old 9007 bulbs so i could at least have headlights. got to change them out before i leave work...i know this is going to suck. Im so used to the HID's..arrgh.

I

imported_GraFFix

Lee, i think i had mine 2-3 months before you got yours...so your good for a few more months...LOL J/K hopefully you wont have the same probem.

Alex, the upgraded harness just has 2 relays...

what happened is i was driving home they were working fine. stopped at the store, and when i came out they wouldnt go on. after flipping them on and off for a minute or so one went on..well that isnt good either lol so i started flipping them on and off again. after a few minutes i decided to just drive home with the fogs on.

this morning they wouldnt go on and same at lunch...ill have to take the headlights off tonight and check the grounds and wiring. and if all else fails..ill have to go back to normal bulbs for the time being...

Ohh the HORROR!!

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
I don't mean to intrude on the thread here but what is this upgraded wireing harness you guys are talking about? I have an HID kit on my car as well so I am curious.

I would also check all the fuses and connections since both aren't working, that seems a little odd for both to stop working at the same time, do the normal headlight bulbs work?

I

imported_GraFFix

Im not sure if the normal headlight bulbs work untill tonight when i swap. the corners are lighting up..and its all wired together so i dont know what the deal is.

The upgraded headlight harness just increases the voltage to the bulbs..works for both regular halogen bulbs or HID's

I did notice brighter lights when i had normal halogen bulbs but once i went to HID i couldnt tell if they helped or not since i had no way of compairing before and after...

the best place to get it is from www.suvlights.com but i just went to check the site and it looks like their redoing it and also on vacation..lol

here is another website that shows what it is..it kind of seems that their the same..i dont know what the deal is though..

heres the link. http://suvlights.tripod.com/suvlightscom/h...ire-harness.htm

I

imported_GraFFix

Not at all...just 2 ground wires, a place for 2 relays (i put mine behind the battery) and then 2 wires go to the positive post on your battery.

you do have to take a few things off around the hood latch if you want to run the wires accross neatly but its not to bad.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
it is supposed to increase the brightness of your bulbs.. because you are now using thicker gauge wiring thus increasing voltage to your bulbs.

ALfredo you need to park on a flat curface.. approx 20 feet from a wall..you can than align your headlamps to your liking.

on top of the healamp housing you will se a inverted torx bit E-8? you can align your housing up/down on the side inner most side you will see another inverted torx bit E-8 this adjusts your housing inward/outwards..

With your bulbs you can pretty much aim the straight ..

WIth HID you need to aim them out and down..as not to blind ppl.

ALso if your car has a lot of years on it.. spray the bolts with some PB blaster..because they will strip at the drop of a hat..

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008

WIth HID you need to aim them out and down..as not to blind ppl.

ALso if your car has a lot of years on it.. spray the bolts with some PB blaster..because they will strip at the drop of a hat..
[snapback]67703[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Alfredo I agreed wth Alex I had broke one of mine adjuster using the star key that would not turn. So I bought new brackets with adjuster real cheap off ebay. And sprayed them and had them aim perfectly now.:)) Now I'm not blinding anyone, no flashes and the ground lights up like daylight :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info