3800 HELP hud problem

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have a 2000 gp gp and i installed a hud today. It came out of a 99 GTP It worked before i cut into the dash the when i got everything together i dont have an image. My car did not come with the wiring so i had to splice in to the harness (hardwire). I have got power to it cuz the motor to change the angle works. Any ideas, maybe a wire came loose in the dash. Is there a fuse inside the hud module? I am drivign myself nuts thinking of what could be wrong. Any help is welcomed
Daniel Erickson

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i have herd about the windshield thing. I got the wire diagram off the internet and the guy put it in his car with out a problem. I had it sitting in the dash with out the trim on and i tryied it agian and it flashed for a few seconds then i didn't see it again. I think it is a loose wire cuz i did see it on the windshield for a few seconds, but i guess the windshield is still possibe. Does anyone have any idea what wires control what? How much is the proper windshield, mine does have a nice rock chip in it. Freakin texas drivers, i cant wait to get outta here!! http://mywebpages.comcast.net/seanvanr/add.../ADD_A_HUD.html heres a link to my info if ya want to review it

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Having the proper windshield makes it slightly more visible in daylight, but it's not "critical" at all to make it work/show (unless it's totally different for the '97 & up GPs). I've added HUD to several '94'-'96 GPs, and all showed up perfectly fine without the HUD windshield. Of course, the beauty there is that ALL GPs during those years came pre-wired for HUD. Just plug and play...which is aggrevating for the rest of us. :angry: It definitely sounds like a wiring issue to me. You had the wiring diagram for both the HUD and the necessary wires to splice into (speedo, turn signals, etc), and you're possitive you didn't cross anything?

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Jan 13 2005, 09:04 PM
why did you make it a POLL?
[snapback]67537[/snapback]​

why do you have to be a dick?????

I have a 2000 gp gp and i installed a hud today. It came out of a 99 GTP It worked before i cut into the dash the when i got everything together i dont have an image. My car did not come with the wiring so i had to splice in to the harness (hardwire). I have got power to it cuz the motor to change the angle works. Any ideas, maybe a wire came loose in the dash. Is there a fuse inside the hud module? I am drivign myself nuts thinking of what could be wrong. Any help is welcomed
Daniel Erickson

it looks like a wire issue to me. pull it out and see if there is any loose wires or if it comes on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info