3800 I was just hit by a truck

I

imported_Diavolo

I was running today and came to an intersection. It was a 4 way stop. There was a truck coming but she looked like she was slowing down so I do what I always do. Slow down to almost a stop and then run across the intersection (this is a college town so this is what everyone does) As I made it about 1/2 way across the lane I see out of the corner of my eye that this truck isn't going to stop.

I jumped up and ended up on top of her hood. She blew right through the stop sign and was making a right turn. She looked right at me and hit her brakes and I fell off the hood, luckly to the side of the truck becuase this bitch just kept on driving. By the time I realized what happened she was already around the turn and I could only make out the first two letters of her plate. It was a teal / green Ford Ranger, probably a 95 or so and the Letters were Ohio plates 'E''N'.

There were 5 other people around who saw this happen too. I only banged my knee up and my sternum is a little sore, but no serious injuries.

I hope I see this girl driving around town again so I can get her whole license number. Maybe I will give her a little present through her windshield :lolsign:

I

imported_Diavolo

if you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball.

when I first wrote this nothing really hurt, I was just going up my stairs and it was really hurting now. I think it is just because I am thinking about it. Hopefully tomorrow everything is ok.

I

imported_Diavolo

well, I think I am just going to go down to the police station and report this. Maybe she has a history or something. It irks me that she just hit me and ran. Atleast if she stopped and saw I wasn't injuried seriously, it would be different. I think I do need some TLC though.

Originally posted by Diavolo@Jan 13 2005, 04:27 PM
when I first wrote this nothing really hurt,  I was just going up my stairs and it was really hurting now.  I think it is just because I am thinking about it.  Hopefully tomorrow everything is ok.

This is precisely why you SHOULD report such incidences, even if it doesn't seem like a big deal at the moment. You may not feel the pain right away, but you'll find, just as with most injuries, that your pain is going to get greater over the next couple of days. I would have gotten every willing witnesses' info, and reported everything to the police right away. If you ended up feeling ok, then so be it. You can forget about it. But if you end up feeling worse, or needing medical attention down the road, reporting the incident late can only cause you problems. Glad you didn't get hurt any worse, but go report it! :mellow: There's no justifiable excuse for her reaction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info