3800 Hey Hale and Paul ** PICS **

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Well.. i got my new PC back and I installed HL2 right away...

Tonight i had some fun

office.jpg

stats.JPG

I eneterd the server at rank 175... and 1 hour later came out at 5th... man i love this new PC

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Hey Syp does a computer able to really make you that much better of a player? I know that I have read forums where people say you need to maxize your puter to run it to its best. Do you know how to do that? If so maybe we can hook up and you can see what needs to be done. Awesome score there. I did really good one day and then played after working from 3 am till 3 pm and played like totally crap. When I'm tired I have really bad reaction time.

Anyone that plays office 24/7 should put [ilgpc]and your name. Maybe one day we can own on that server

I

imported_GraFFix

Fish..true a good machine can help you some...but its not all about the machine. got to have some type of hand/eye coordination to be good at certain games. also some smarts/common sense comes into play. remember when playing online its not some pre programed computer robots your playing against, these are also people who can think and change their playing style to adapt to you. you got to do the same.

While im not to fond of CS myself i have been playing TFC (team fortress classic..which the creators of CS played before they made CS..lol) for over 4 years, and 3 of those years I have been playing in online leagues against the best in the US. yes Im a geek. but i have fun....anyways

Hale...there are a few console commands you can do to help tweak your setup a bit. if you want to get into more stuff youll have to setup configs to tweak your game. if you want i could help you with that since the same settings I use in TFC will work in CS.

some basic stuff...
get the net graph on your screen...Pull down the console (press the "~" key) and type in.... net_graph 3 my personal opinion is not to use 1 or 2 cause it will drop performance and you dont need those colored graphs anyways. all you need to know is in-out and choke. this will monitor your connection to the server. a important part to online gaming.

the following can be entered into the console as well (~ key) to find out what its set at currently then all you have to do is type the command..
rate
cl_cmdrate
cl_updaterate

well use rate for example.

once the console is down just type rate then hit enter it shoudl echo back something lke...
rate "20000"
now if you want to change it just type...
rate 9999 and hit enter and then to double check to make sure that it changed type rate once again and it will echo back...
rate "9999"
now youve just changed your rate settings.
if you got DSL then your rate shoudl be anywhere between 9999-20000 depends on how fast your internet connection really is. I have 3mb comcast cable and i prefer mine at 9999 I seem to miss shots when its set to high. this is a setting you have to play with and see hwo your connection and machine take to it. trial and error :)

cl_cmdrate
cl-updaterate

these are also some trial and error settings but will help in the long run.

I think the cmdrate is usually set to 40 by default..you can go as high as 80 before it starts messing with your aim...or double the default number.
updaterate is set to 30 i think by default..i forget its been so long...you can also go as high as to double that number too. dont forget to check the default settings just type the command in the console before changing anything top see where its at. its a good idea to write it down to just in case you need to go back to default.

those are a few basic tweaks that could help you out some..especially if its set wrong right now.

wow...thats alot of shit. im not even re-reading it im sure i mispelled alot of crap. i just went off on a online gaming tangent...anyways ff you need some help tweaking let me know...i have some video cfg's that will make the game look alot nicer then normal also. dont even get me into scripts...lol id write a novel.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
True, some games do require the hand eye cordination. I just said that cause I used to play Ultima Online, and if you played on dialup, you were screwed. Then I upgraded to DSL, but had a shitty computer. Finally before I quit, I got my Dell. Since I was used to playing with slow internet or computer, when everything was optimal, I noticed that I was alot better.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
well hale.. i was comparingmy old pc to my new one..

Radeon 9000pro < Radeon 9800pro...

I got like 10 fps constant with my old machine, nowi get like 30 when there is ALOT of comabt and like 80 when normal looking around.

It just gets REALLY choppy on my old pc.. thus hard to aim at the enemy's head :)

ya i have been playing CS for 6 years... my brother and I have started Way back when. I should pick up TFC again.. it was very fun

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
you guys are nerds, althought I did spend a significant amount of my time age 15-18 on TFC. when ur on dial up u get mediocre, then when you switch to cable you'll be on top everytime, I will never have anything slwoer than cable internet again.

Ah, I guess i'm a nerd too, maybe I should purchase half-life 2?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info