3800 Noise in the car!! WTF is it?

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
You can pull the HVAC blower motor out and inspect it.

SOmetimes moisture will seep into the motor area of the HVAC..and cause it to rust.. thus..depending on speed of motor will make all sorts of annoying sounds.. Mine ended up rusting out and was squeaky..as hell until it finally just stopped working.. So i had to replace it..

You can remove the HVAC motor.. by looking directly under the passenger side dash...remoce the cladding..underdash than remove 3 bolts/...you will need to disconnect the wiring harness from the hvac motor..than just pull down and out..

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by alexgtp@Jan 11 2005, 07:27 AM
You can pull the HVAC blower motor out and inspect it.

SOmetimes moisture will seep into the motor area of the HVAC..and cause it to rust.. thus..depending on speed of motor will make all sorts of annoying sounds.. Mine ended up rusting out and was squeaky..as hell until it finally just stopped working.. So i had to replace it..

You can remove the HVAC motor.. by looking directly under the passenger side dash...remoce the cladding..underdash than remove 3 bolts/...you will need to disconnect the wiring harness from the hvac motor..than just pull down and out..
[snapback]67213[/snapback]​

i'm a little worried about trying to take the dash apart....but this noise is killin me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info