3800 blower motor resistor...

ok, fan controls 1-4 don't work. so i searched on clubgp and found some pics of it. they say to remove the 3 bolts that hold it in. i found them, but how are you supposed to get them out, i see one that is tucked in so far i don't know how to get the bolt out. i tried searching for awhile but couldn't find any good write up's. anyone have any tips on this?? thanks

z

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
its a PITA.

I used a 1/4 drive swivel socket..

but i was able to just remove the front 2...and the yank that bad sucker outta there...I broke it....but it didn't matter since it was bad anyway.

Then you've got a clear access to remove the last one...LOL

not the right way to do it...but it got the job done for me

I took the blower motor assembly off too...just for more room

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by dole21@Jan 10 2005, 10:16 PM
its a PITA.

I used a 1/4 drive swivel socket..

but i was able to just remove the front 2...and the yank that bad sucker outta there...I broke it....but it didn't matter since it was bad anyway.

Then you've got a clear access to remove the last one...LOL

not the right way to do it...but it got the job done for me

I took the blower motor assembly off too...just for more room
[snapback]67180[/snapback]​

Exactly the way I did mine...remove the blower motor for more room then I removed the front 2 screws and then wiggle and pull it will break off the rear screw. then you have all the room in the world to get it out. when i put the new resistor in i just used the front 2 screws and left the back empty..it holds it there just fine. this way if you ever have to do it again it will be an easy job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list