3800 is it time to get rid of the ole cat...

Krobar2

Regular
Jan 9, 2008
Lindenhurst
... once you hit 2krpms it sounds like a weed wacker

I'm sorry, that just made me laugh :lol:

Just put my Flowmaster 40's on the other day, 3" to a 2.5" Y split, the 40's, then tips. Also a 3" DP. Only think stock is the headers and cat, no raspyness at all. Awesome sound!! ( I just started a new thread about it :) ) When the RPM's reach about 3k, the sound gets much quieter, and then starts back up about 4.5k RPM's the sound comes back more. But the 1.2k to about 3k are incredible!!

Dave

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by Krobar2@Jan 10 2005, 01:32 AM
... once you hit 2krpms it sounds like a weed wacker

I'm sorry, that just made me laugh :lol:

Just put my Flowmaster 40's on the other day, 3" to a 2.5" Y split, the 40's, then tips. Also a 3" DP. Only think stock is the headers and cat, no raspyness at all. Awesome sound!! ( I just started a new thread about it :) ) When the RPM's reach about 3k, the sound gets much quieter, and then starts back up about 4.5k RPM's the sound comes back more. But the 1.2k to about 3k are incredible!!

Dave
[snapback]66974[/snapback]​
cuz the CAT is holding it back....thats why it gets quieter. I had that on my 95......took the cat off.....then it was loud at all RPM's. I miss that car. the flows dont sound as good on the newer ones. I am goin to use stock mufflers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info