3800 CAR HELP NEEDED!!!!

swimminomar

Feb 7, 2008
Okay, I posted about this a while ago but my friend just got back from his vacation to look at his car. A while back his roomate ***ed up and put some 15w40 in the car (well quite a bit) and I took the car for a drive and it started driving like shit after I drove it about 80 miles ( I didn't know about the oil). So I called up his friend to see if it had been doing this earlier and he said no, but said something about the oil. Well we immediatly changed the oil and put 5w30 synthetic in there. Car ran fine again, but driving it again it just died and now won't start. I checked the oil level again, and apparently the place that did the oil change overfilled it with oil (it was overfilled twice in one day ). So this time I drain enough to get it back into the normal range. Car still won't start. We figured maybe the battery was dead since it was sitting in the cold for over a week and no lights were working. So we changed the battery and the lights and electronics worked again, but the car wouldn't start. It makes the starting noise but won't actually turn over and run. So we figured we should check the spark plugs, and the things were coated in oil . Any ideas on what to do fellas? Could this be a blown gasket from too much oil, or is there something simple we are missing, like cleaning off the spark plugs or changing them and just trying to run her again? Any advice is welcome on what should be done. If anyone wants to swing by and take a look at it we are in Champaign, IL.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
If you overfilled it with oil.

You are gonna have to check ALL of your vacuum lines.

Excess oil will get in to the vacuum lines if it has no where else to go...

Odds are your vacuum lines are all gooped up with oil...

Good luck..trying to inspect and change out...check the larger vacuum lines first.. than make your way down to the smaller ones..also check you PCV valve for oil... ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list