3800 IL's highest 3800 dyno ?

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Well in case you don't read clubgp, I put on a turbo kit over the last couple of days with help from cartuning performance. The kit worked qutie well and the best dyno of the day was 401 HP / 546 TQ to the wheels. We could have turned it up some more, but that was good enough for me !

Here's the complete long and boring link ... http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/fb.asp?m=1929627

P.S. I have been gone for liek 4 days so for those people looking for me thati s where I have been. I have ~400 emails to catch up on and I'm working through them tonight .....

charles

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
congrats charles those are some huge numbers, it will take a while for another 04 to top that, i am very impressed. I had a discussion with CG explaining how turbos work today (yes im an idiot when it comes to turbos) and I found it very informative, with some more internal mods that turbo setup could be HUGE.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah some internal work would make that thing crazy. But I honestly think we could get to 450 on the stock setup if it doesn't go click click boom first....

here are some dyno vids... nothing terribly exciting...

Some videos
#1 - Dyno run for Canadian folks (in kph). http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/DynoVid_2ndGear_Kph.mpg

#2 - Dyno run for American folks (in mph)
http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/DynoVid_2ndGear_MPH.mpg

#3 - Powrtuner w/ boost reading doing some monitoring...
http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/DynoVi...dRichFuelKR.mpg

#4 - 1/4 Throttle 80 mph to ~100mph highway run.
http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/80to10...terThrottle.MPG

pimpiumz34

Apr 28, 2008
Why do you always have to copy me Charles?

I get a CSC, then you decide you want a CSC. Then I get a turbo, and then you decide you want a turbo! What's next? :lolsign:

Oh, and I'm still interested in that engine you have laying around. I'll hit you up on MSN next time I see you on.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by pimpiumz34@Jan 7 2005, 11:28 AM
Why do you always have to copy me Charles?

I get a CSC, then you decide you want a CSC.  Then I get a turbo, and then you decide you want a turbo!  What's next?  :lolsign:

Oh, and I'm still interested in that engine you have laying around.  I'll hit you up on MSN next time I see you on.
[snapback]66766[/snapback]​

Well if we follow past patterns, I will next beat you at the track with slightly less mods.

:p :lolsign:

If these things were around when I had the SE, that SE would have this kit... now that would have been the perfect sleeper. The CSC had just enough whine to givei t away. This wouldn't have :)

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 7 2005, 01:09 PM
how much does this kit cost and what else does he have done to IT?
[snapback]66776[/snapback]​

The engine is a stock engine w/ ~12,000 miles. Stock heads, exhaust manifolds,cam, rockers, cat back. Mods are : Turbo @ 15 PSI, Air to Air intercooler, pcm work, custom Xover, custom downpipe w/ electric cutout, cone intake. We dynoed with a mix of gas probably about 98 - 99 octane.

pimpiumz34

Apr 28, 2008
Originally posted by beyerch@Jan 7 2005, 01:24 PM
Well if we follow past patterns, I will next beat you at the track with slightly less mods. 

:p  :lolsign:

If these things were around when I had the SE, that SE would have this kit... now that would have been the perfect sleeper.  The CSC had just enough whine to givei t away.  This wouldn't have :)
[snapback]66783[/snapback]​

Well I would hope you break into the 11's, you are running more boost than I am and a larger turbo. You better break out the slicks though, first gear is crazy even with slicks on!

Oh, and my theory on why you bested me with the CSC is that you just tuned my car like crap so that you'd win. :ph34r:

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
So he mad all that power with just a turbo and a little PCM work?

Almost makes you sick, doesnt it? ;) :lol: All the years of modding just to hit 13's or high 12's - and now all you need is a totally stock engine with a turbo and Charles cell number.

Charles - would you say that this car/setup (stock engine with turbo) would be pass as a daily driver and expected to last as a daily driver? I ask in reference to your comment on another thread saying modded GTP's (97-03) do not last too long when modded. I know it's a very generalized question, so please forgive.

Let me expand. Would a 2004 GTP with stock engine + turbo last longer as a daily driver than a 97-03 GTP modded old style with cam/heads/trans,etc ? Still a very vaque question, but I hope it's coming across.

J.E.T.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Jan 8 2005, 01:30 AM
That car sounds sweet! Im very interested in if you are going to keep everything stock (minus injectors, maf, pcm tune, cone filter, downpipe..) or if your gonna put in rockers, cam, headers, or what your plans are with it?
[snapback]66836[/snapback]​

It's a lease... That means it goes away in September and some poor sucker is going to get the car not knowing what it's seen. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info