3800 New IC radiator

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
If you do your homework. You can see that the water temps are higher with the MAP in comparrason with other topical ICs. 170-140* (Im assuming this is the test your refering too) But they only proved that CRAP CORE is removing the most heat from the intake charge from the water temp and spot laser prob temp test.

I like what Intense did when testing their IC. They used a delta-T or IAT temp probe. The best way to measure the effectiveness of an IC. Water to air temps are not directly proportional. Meaning that 140* is not you air intake charge temp.

This info was posted by all that IC propaganda posted awile back. The funny part is they released the info. Anyone that knows anything about heat removal can see this..Do they take their patrons for fools?

Personnally, I think the MAPs may lack some in the Heat exchanger dept. He using about the equivelent of what other guys are using for exchangers on the market.(probably for cost) I think his core is removing too much heat for the exchanger to handle.
Thats where all the negitivitity may be generated from besides all the sales and "I gotta have the best parts on my car" whoopla.
I do believe that the MAP has the best and lightest open air core design breaking the continuity for heat soak by far in comparrison to other core designs.

With that beening said. I believe that any IC system can/will benefit from a larger capacity of coolent and slowing down the flow through the heat exchanger. Fans also can be used on the exchangers aswell as ice boxes/cans at the track. Talk to Vogel. Hes done alot of IC mods.

I dont work for MAP. My reasoning for this response is dont be brainwashed(not that you are) by vendor whoopla. AND from what I saw its my belief that the MAP core is one of the most underrated systems out there. But, make YOUR OWN concusions. Mod your IC(no matter what make) too suit your best intrests/benifits. Forget what everyone else has or is telling you. Unless this makes you sleep better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list