3800 Tints, therm, etc...

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Ok to save time I'm just gunna post all three in one. Firtst off, where could I go to get some tints, and how much does it usually run...Second, does anyone have a site where it shows where to install the 180 therm(I'm clueless) and Finally i was driving home tonight and noticed that my heat was on 4, but nothing was coming out. So it turns out it only works on 5(Max)...What could the problem be? Thanks ahead of time.

-Larry

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
For tints there are a lot of places to go but I know that any Ziebart can do them for $180-240 depending on how many windows that you get done.

The thermostat is easy as removing two bolts (10mm bolts) you will find the thermostat housing where the big radiator inlet hose ends. (front right hand side of engine) Just unbolt the two bolts and lift up on the housing. A little fluid will come out (dont worry) scrape off the old gasket. Slap in the new thermostat and put on the new gasket and bolt it up. If you want come on over and I can do it for you in less than 10 minutes.

As far as your fans go its sounds like your blower is messed up? It could be you blew a fuse or maybe the blower is bad? I dunno? Weird the high speed is working though...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You will need a new blower motor, that's a pretty common problem. I beleive I got the best price on it from Lee auto parts, but call around for the best price. For the same part I found as much as a $50 price difference between auto parts stores. IIRC the motor cost me around $70. You may also want to check with Ed Morad to see if he has one. Eventually it won't work at all. I ended up having no heat in my car all last winter and it's no fun trying to keep warm with only the seat heater.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Sounds like the blower motor resistor pack to me. If you take it to the dealer they should know what you are talking about cuz it is a problem with our cars. I lost speed one and five in my car for about a year befor i got it fixed. The dealer should charge about 120 bucks. Twenty for the part the rest in labor, it is a pain in the butt to get to it. It is aginst the fire wall on the passenger side behind the blower.

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
It's a lil off topic but a few months a ago my sunroof got off track(for the second time) so i brought it back to the dealer and they said that the wires on one side burned out and the whole motor would have to be replaced..costing about 1500+...does this sound right...thats as much as my first car, i don't wanna drop it on just my sunroof...anyone...anything..??

I

imported_GraFFix

Your heater problem is the blower motor resistor. Its only like 25 bucks for the part and not that hard to fix yourself if your somewhat mechanically inclined. I've replaced mine before and its not that bad.

For thermostat installation instructions there are 4 writeups listed on this website. http://tacgp.clubgp.com/custom_mods/index.html

I dont know where to get tints at..and have no clue about your sunroof. :)

HTH

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by GraFFix@Jan 4 2005, 10:29 PM
Your heater problem is the blower motor resistor. Its only like 25 bucks for the part and not that hard to fix yourself if your somewhat mechanically inclined. I've replaced mine before and its not that bad.

For thermostat installation instructions there are 4 writeups listed on this website. http://tacgp.clubgp.com/custom_mods/index.html

I dont know where to get tints at..and have no clue about your sunroof. :)

HTH
[snapback]66384[/snapback]​
It also depends on if he has a digital climate control, the resistor is about $150 for that. I thought that's what mine was at first. I have the Digital control. The resistors don't tend to go bad on those before the blower motor does. It would be a good Idea to pull the blower out and check if it's hard to turn. Mine was, and I got an extra month out of it by cleaning it up and lubing it.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by MrT+Jan 5 2005, 12:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Jan 5 2005, 12:31 PM
Southwest tints on Southwest hihgway in Oak Lawn.....

They do great work and I believe give discounts if you mention JO name...
[snapback]66459[/snapback]​

Midwest :D Glass Tinters

9731 Southwest Hwy
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Main Phone: 708-425-4480
[snapback]66467[/snapback]​
[/b]

oops! :unsure: :blink:

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jan 5 2005, 03:39 PM-->
Originally posted by MrT@Jan 5 2005, 12:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Jan 5 2005, 12:31 PM
Southwest tints on Southwest hihgway in Oak Lawn.....

They do great work and I believe give discounts if you mention JO name...
[snapback]66459[/snapback]​

Midwest :D Glass Tinters

9731 Southwest Hwy
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Main Phone: 708-425-4480
[snapback]66467[/snapback]​

oops! :unsure: :blink:
[snapback]66501[/snapback]​
[/b]
:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info