3800 how do you polish metal???

zeez gtp

Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Bolingbrook
i need something to polish metal that works with my dremel. i think i found a bit for the dremel. but it is like a wire brush. they say to use it as slow speeds and that will polish metal. will that sort of thing work, or do you have to sand it by hand with a certain type of paper. or any other ways on how to polish metal. this is mostly for my manifold's i am working on. i am just experimenting with the stuff. thanks.

zack

JNGTP94

Regular
Jan 1, 2008
you can buy polishing wheels for the dremel, they are little cloth ones. a wire brush may work but if ur lookin to make it look reflecting it wont, you could use the wire brush at first and then finish off with the polishing wheels and like mothers or Never Dull. i think there are other attachments but i dont remember off hand. hope i helped

-Jason-

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It will turn out the best if you sand by hand first start with 220 or 320 depending on how rough the surface is then work up to 1000 or so using every or every other grit in betwin then use the dremel with a wool pad or cloth with a metal polishig compound

brett

Ironman

Feb 24, 2008
Third Lake
Or just bring it by, I have a polishing setup all ready to go. I have all the rouges, high speed wheels, etc. Just make sure you prep it 1st by sanding it down to about a 1000 grit so it is mostly smooth. Then you can get the detail parts with the dremel. Things like manifolds can take forever with small hand tools...

Another suggestion is to hop over to like a sears hardware and for ~20.00 get a polishing setup for a standard electric drill. Not as fast as the wheel, but it works.

-Ironman

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info