3800 Drunk Driving.

OvANGLvO

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
Taxi driver, passenger killed in crash

Published January 2, 2005

A drunken driver crashed his car into a taxi early Saturday, killing the driver and his passenger in the city's Lakeview neighborhood, Chicago police said.

The collision occurred in the 2900 block of North Ashland Avenue about 5:45 a.m. when Igors Kazakovs, 21, of the 6300 block of South Lockwood Avenue, Chicago, driving an Audi sedan, ran a red light and struck the side of the taxi, police spokeswoman JoAnn Taylor said.

Passenger Brian Schultz, 28, of an unknown address, and cabdriver Frank Frempong, 61, of the 8100 block of South Dobson Avenue, Chicago, were killed.

Kazakovs was in critical condition at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center on Saturday evening, Taylor said. She did not know the condition of a female passenger from the Audi who was taken to Illinois Masonic.

Kazakovs' blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit, Taylor said. He was charged with drunken driving, driving with a suspended license and failure to have insurance, Taylor said.

Charges could be upgraded by the state's attorney's office, police said.

Copyright © 2004, Chicago Tribune

He is facing deportation. and his girlfriend is home now feeling better. I donno I just want to tell people to be careful. I mean it was a bit tough on me to vist them at the hospital. But its tougher to know that he killed someone. The passenger was trying to be safe because he was drunk and he oredered a cab to drive him home. Life isn't too fare. But he does have a liscence and insurence.

OvANGLvO

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
I donno i was upset over the thing... and Igor is a friend. I love that phrase too jenny i hear it so often that i take the keys away from the people.

EDITED: Plus i thought that it was ironic that the one dude that was doing the right thing was the one that died.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by JennY+Jan 3 2005, 11:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-OvANGLvO
@Jan 3 2005, 09:50 PM

EDITED: Plus i thought that it was ironic that the one dude that was doing the right thing was the one that died.
[snapback]66223[/snapback]​

psshtt yeah, tell me about it...
[snapback]66242[/snapback]​
[/b]

my dad was hit by a DD 2 days ago. guy sat at the light ahead of him...completely trashed..and tried to start the car 20times..while it was already running. then he spun it around in the intersection and hit my dad. trucks fine....but the other guy almost got pucnhed.

I

imported_JennY

Originally posted by GTPPWR+Jan 4 2005, 03:21 AM-->
Originally posted by JennY@Jan 3 2005, 11:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-OvANGLvO
@Jan 3 2005, 09:50 PM

[snapback]66223[/snapback]​

psshtt yeah, tell me about it...
[snapback]66242[/snapback]​

my dad was hit by a DD 2 days ago. guy sat at the light ahead of him...completely trashed..and tried to start the car 20times..while it was already running. then he spun it around in the intersection and hit my dad. trucks fine....but the other guy almost got pucnhed.
[snapback]66255[/snapback]​
[/b]
omg, thank god your dad is ok!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info