3800 Service Engine Soon Dunt Dunt Dun...

Alright here is the whole wonderful story. Drove car to Wisconsin for Holiday with family... Car drove perfectly no problems. Drove it for a couple days and then it sat for like a week. My dad washed it and gased it up for me and the oil was changed on schedule before I left.

Picked the car up tonight and let it warm up for 15 min even though it was not that cold out. Car drove fine till I was about 30min from home (I had been driving for over two hours already). I was in the IPASS lane and to catch up I got on it a little. The car reacted fine and then my Service Engine Soon Light started to come on and it was flashing. Eventually it stayed on. My car still ran and on Zacks reccomendation I did not open the throttle up again like that the rest of the way home. The car now sits in my parking lot. Zack said a flashing SES light means a misfire. Does anyone agree or have any other ideas.

Zack is going to scan my car tomorrow hopefully.

Question is what caused this I know a broad question but any insight would be greatly appreciated. My mods are listed below. The only thing I can come up with is that I am pretty sure the car has orginal spark plugs and wires on. Could this be the problem? I was saving up because the wires are kind of expensive and I wanted to do it all at once. Thank you guys in advance for any help.

Morgan

P.S. BumpinGTP did you get my PM about the windshield assembly? Do you still have it and are you willing to part with it? I really need it because I know the dealer is going to break it off in my you know what... :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Zachs sorta right. Flashing SES means MULTIPLE misfires. Ive seen that one on my own car everytime I play with the god damn plugs and wires. :lolsign:

Just check the plugs and wires. Should be all good. If you get new plugs, AL 605s gapped at .058-.060 should be good. Depending on mods.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info