3800 Looking for someone to port a manifold...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

Just as the title says.

I had the opportunity to get a look at a set of manifolds off from a car and was floored by how much more restrictive the front manifold looks compared to the rear piece. So, I'm looking for someone who has some experience and spare time to weld and port a front manifold. I can ship it wherever and have it picked up too. I can even ship out any needed grinding dies from the Grainger catalog or from the web site for free.

You can respond here, PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] with questions, prices and availability.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jan 3 2005, 04:56 AM
ive ported out the front mani, but will not weld any more metel in, just open it up as far in as you can. Gasket matched, plus.

worked very well for me till I got real headers.

pm me, I can do it for like 20 bux, or something.

J/O
[snapback]66117[/snapback]​

I agree with Johnny. I find no need to weld more material into the manifold. If you can get rid of the casting marks on the floor and have a nice smooth D port, you should be good to go.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Hey Don,

I think you need to look at my manifold that I just pulled off my car. looks a BIT better flowing than the one I brought over. I put the ported front on tonight. my old one.....looks like it is bran new...no chips out of anything. looks really good. completely different than that other one.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Cool, I can't wait to replace the front one now...if I can only get it done. I'm having the manifolds and crossover sandblasted now and would like to ship the front piece to someone as soon as I get it back. So, anyone? Cool, Ron, anyone who wants a few extra bucks for Superbowl Sunday...the next major holiday as I see it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info