3800 IAC Slit on LS1TB

S

sr71_rgl

My car's remote starter has been having problems getting the car to turn over after it's been sitting for awhile in temps 32* or lower. It'll start if I crack open the TB blade a bit but that defeats the purpose of having a remote start right? I researched this problem on CGP and thought enlarging the minimum air hole in the TB blade was the answer. It helped a little bit but the car wouldn't start last night using the remote so I had to crack the TB blade open and it turned right over. I just read theres a thing called an IAC slit on the TB that can be opened up to improve cold weather starting. Anyone know where this is?
TIA!!!
nick

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I can't help with the IAC slit, but I don't think IMHO that that will help. When the engine is shutting down it pulls the throttle blde shut, sometimes very tightly. I'm not familiar with the LS1, but if there is an idle stop screw, I try turning it in a little first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
    Participants list