Real Name
Fish
Does it come with everything seen here?? :lolsign: :lolsign:

zzp_hat.jpg

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Nothing was covered under "warranty."

I'm too steamed up about it right now... and I dont want to post irrationally using misleading facts. I'll post later to present chronological events, failures, my cost, and opinion of service. One thing I will say is my a$$ sure hurts.

This just doesnt sit right with me, but their is nothing I can do about it except to get a second opinion of what happened and damage control on my costs.

My car is still in Michigan - I'm picking it up late, late, late tonight after work.

I would like to personally thank Zoomer for giving me a loaner car, but he's a hard man to reach directly. I can't thank him for anything else though :( .

J.E.T.
-Towing car to Mi - $265. Oh wait - towing company calls me back and say $350!
-Hotel at Grand Rapids $39.99
-Dinner at Lones Star Steak House (before I had money) - $13.99
-The look on my face when ZZP told me it's another $1,475 to rebuild - PRICELESS.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
so what failed?

ZZP Input shaft, ZZP Output shaft, and ZZP Pump shaft carry a lifetime warranty to original purchaser. Hard parts not replaced are not covered under warranty. Transmission failures due to differential failure are not covered under warranty.

Here are examples of what is and what is not covered and how we’ll take care of it:
If your transmission begins leaking, clutches wear out, converter starts slipping, internal gaskets fail, a solenoid fails, or you have any other problem related to use it will be covered under standard warranty.
If your differential fails and sends metal through the transaxle it will not be covered under warranty.
If a stock hard part (pump shaft, input shaft, output shaft) fails it will not be covered under warranty.
If you have a transmission cooler installed which leaks and causes transmission failure it will not be covered under warranty.
If you have a stock flex plate which breaks or the bolts back out it will not be covered under warranty.

S

sr71_rgl

I think it's total BS you're getting railroaded like this. I can understand how you don't want to vent until you get everything back the way it should be but you purchased this trans/instal with a warranty....why won't ZZP honor it? Please let us know the details once your ok with spilling the beans so no one else here (or elsewhere) pays for their BS warranty.
thx

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
I don't want to hijack this or anything but I gave zooomer a call and he tells me that the second trans failed because the intense differential in the transmission broke and that put parts all through the trans. As the warranty states they do not warranty other parts in the transmission. The warranty states that as well.

That REALLY sucksbut if the LSD grenaded it would not be covered as it is not their part.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Wow that sucks. that a grenading Diff can cause so much damage to a tranny..

What options do we have for a somewhat reliable transmission and diff..
Is quaife the only way to go? But the price for one is nausiating...

Seems I have been reading about tranny failures and diff failures left and right..

Makes me not even want to rebuild th tranny and just get a different car..

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by alexgtp@Dec 30 2004, 08:30 AM
Wow that sucks. that  a grenading Diff can cause so much damage to a tranny..

What options do we have for a somewhat reliable transmission and diff..
Is quaife the only way to go? But the price for one is nausiating...

Seems I have been reading about tranny failures and diff failures left and right..

Makes me not even want to rebuild th tranny and just get a different car..
[snapback]65801[/snapback]​

well with a full race trans the diff becomes the weakest point in the trans. now if you upgrade the diff to quafie, it's no longet the weakest hard part, so something elses in there will break. output, shaft, imput sprag, ect.

its a never ending game. it sucks

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm never putting an LSD in my car. A lighter TC with a higher stall, gears, or hard parts yes. It's so hard to tell if having a heavier diff because of the LSD is a problem, because so many people that have them have also substantially increased power output. I'm doing pretty well with improving my launches through other means. The average LSD launch w/slicks is around 1.7-1.8 60" time. I'm doing 1.9's with an open diff on street tires. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Jet; sent a PM to you. Hopefully you can offset some of your costs.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Edit: added pics - :High res pics of diagnosed failed Intense LSD

Please tell me if this is an exploded Intense LSD. I don't think so? :blink: :( But if it is, PLEASE come over and smack me in the head.

I'm trying to arrange a meeting with Zoomer. He just emailed me and said he wanted to talk real time. While my car at the shop, he was on vacation and there was a lot of miscommunication.

J.E.T.

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
The spyder gears and the shaft are bad. There is an 1/8" of play in the spyder gears and material missing there. You can wiggle them around.

Steve showed you this in person Ed and the filter which was filled with the metal from the gears. This problem has happened to me with 2 intense difs, Ken with one and many of our customers with them. That is why it is specifically listed on our site as an issue we don't warranty:

If your differential fails and sends metal through the transaxle it will not be covered under warranty.

If we had to warranty every trans that had a failed intense dif we'd have to charge 4k for a trans or be out of business :(

Paying out a bunch of cash on multiple trans failures does suck but so do the GP trannies at times. Good news is that it only has our stuff or stock in there so you should be good under warranty for while.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
don't quote me, because i don't know much about transmissions, but i think zooomer's point is that there SHOULDN"T be play. Since it has play, that means something failed and it ate itself up to the point that it is moving around. The wearing of the pieces would have sent metal through the trans. Evidentally, its not the my differential has exploded damage but some type of gradual wearing ?????

I confused a bit too, but I !THINK! that is what he i saying. If that is wrong, sorry for throwing it out there !

Originally posted by zooomer@Dec 30 2004, 10:40 AM
The spyder gears and the shaft are bad. There is an 1/8" of play in the spyder gears and material missing there. You can wiggle them around.

Steve showed you this in person Ed and the filter which was filled with the metal from the gears. This problem has happened to me with 2 intense difs, Ken with one and many of our customers with them. That is why it is specifically listed on our site as an issue we don't warranty:

If we had to warranty every trans that had a failed intense dif we'd have to charge 4k for a trans or be out of business :(

Paying out a bunch of cash on multiple trans failures does suck but so do the GP trannies at times. Good news is that it only has our stuff or stock in there so you should be good under warranty for while.
[snapback]65812[/snapback]​

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
So 2K miles ago when the tranny was rebuilt a second time - the Intense LSD had to be in good shape, right? Otherwise, Steve would have warned you or me about an impending failure.

On my second rebuild, where did all that other metal come from? I'm seriously asking - not leading. Could it be possible that there was more metal left and was not cleaned out?

Steve was kind enough to show the old trans filter - which I have now - and the woobly LSD - but not exploded. To me, the fine metal in the filter just doesnt add up to how the LSD is worn. Of course, I'm not an expert - thats why I brought my car to you - twice now - for a total of 3 ZZP trans rebuilds on this car within 1 year.

Good news is that it only has our stuff or stock in there so you should be good under warranty for while.
Friend, you told me something like that two months ago - in person - with a handshake. I'm not happy.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info