3800 how much does it cost to paint a car?

Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Dec 28 2004, 04:21 PM
and i'm not talking about getting it done at maaco.  does anyone know how much it'll cost me approx. and do you know of any good places to go.
[snapback]65636[/snapback]​

If u have a garage with a Air compressor i can...my price range is 500 and up depending on what you want......so figure between 500-1500 bucks for labor..then paint cost....all depends what you want...

Tom

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Dec 28 2004, 06:37 PM
id be careful about all that......explosion proof outlets in spray booths are there for a reason.....  I dont care if you have the garage door open...

What about a dust free enviorment while the paint is drying?
[snapback]65655[/snapback]​

tom takes care of all that. im sure a lot of you have seen his hood. he does excelent work .

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Dec 28 2004, 06:37 PM
id be careful about all that......explosion proof outlets in spray booths are there for a reason.....  I dont care if you have the garage door open...

What about a dust free enviorment while the paint is drying?
[snapback]65655[/snapback]​

It's not that bad, I used to do a lot of custom painting for bikes. Did it all in my 1 car garage in a townhome. The worst part is the clearcoat, and that's not even all that bad if you do it in stages. As long as you vent after each coat you're OK, and you keep running water to flood the floor and there won't be any dust problems. Any artifacts in the paint are usually gone when you wet sand or buff the final coat, and that should be done anyway. I don't think the Maaco's of the industry even do that.

JNGTP94

Regular
Jan 1, 2008
As said before it can easily be done in a garage if you know what ur doin and take the precautions. We painted my friends car in his garage to a Pearl Orange and it looks great. i personally would rather have my car painted by a perfessional but if u trust yourself enough go for it!

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by JNGTP94@Jan 2 2005, 11:42 AM
As said before it can easily be done in a garage if you know what ur doin and take the precautions. We painted my friends car in his garage to a Pearl Orange and it looks great.  i personally would rather have my car painted by a perfessional but if u trust yourself enough go for it!
[snapback]66045[/snapback]​
i definitely don't trust myself enough :lolsign: i was thinking about having it painted the burnt orange like what they have on the new gps or maybe some sort of blue. but i dunno if it's the best use of my money, especially if they do make the m90 kit for the gt. :D

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by evastos@Jan 3 2005, 06:23 AM
I'm actually thinking of getting my car repainted as well and I might take gtpkid2004 up for the job. Thinking of painting the car a Gunmetal or even that Orange Fusion from the new GP's. Has anyone seen any of his jobs and if so what do you think?  :D
[snapback]66118[/snapback]​

I saw his hood. Aside from the rivets, it was nearly OE quality. Not bad work at all.

JNGTP94

Regular
Jan 1, 2008
Originally posted by evastos@Jan 3 2005, 07:23 AM
I'm actually thinking of getting my car repainted as well and I might take gtpkid2004 up for the job. Thinking of painting the car a Gunmetal or even that Orange Fusion from the new GP's. Has anyone seen any of his jobs and if so what do you think?  :D
[snapback]66118[/snapback]​

Gunmetal :D that would be bad ass!

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
Alright I got a pretty decent quote from this place called M and B Enterprise. One of my friends is getting his Acura CL sponsored by them there doing a great job. They quoted me around $2500 for a complete paint job. This is the best quote I've recieved since GTPKID2004. But I'm going to wait and see how GTPKID2004 next car turns out. The picture posted on the bottom is a 350Z they did for Drivers Image. Check out the Acura CL while you there.

link= www.mandbenterprise.com

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by gtpkid2004@Jan 7 2005, 02:54 PM
2500???? I didn't quote you NEAR that much......but..do what you will....
[snapback]66804[/snapback]​

I meant from a professional bodyshop. Sorry about that gtpkid2004. I'm not getting the job done till sometime this summer so I have plenty of time to change my mind. I still want to see the job your goanna do on that camaro this April before I make up my mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info