3800 Having problems with my Johnson

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It's always pumped a little slowish, now it seems pump speeds are non-exsistant. Kinda sucks, because I really like this pump. I think the cold-weather killed it. My IC coolant had been getting more and more diluted with a teeny leak I have in my rad where I keep adding water. I cleaned and flushed the system out well into the cold weather; putting fresh coolant in, but I think it was too late by then. The particula pump I had was the non-mag drive, I think the impellers may have gotten munched.

I just ordered the mag drive one. Hopefully it's as quiet as his little brother. The pump I have until the new one comes is nice and quiet, too bad the $65 pump is discontunued.

Moral of this story I guess is make sure the IC coolant isn't freezing up.

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Dec 28 2004, 10:47 AM
If it is the impellors, order an impellor kit and keep it as a backup.
[snapback]65585[/snapback]​
true, true. The same thing happened to mine. I forgot to add coolant to mine before the cold. Im angry. And i dont have a garage heater... maybe Ill get one from Grainger.. the ones who get it done.... yup. Im in the market for a new pump. I put on my 3.25 pulley. I still need to find out where I have a leak of some sort. Which pump model number are you buying?

Joe A

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by joeyboy777@Dec 28 2004, 02:55 PM
...Grainger..  the ones who get it done....  Joe A
[snapback]65623[/snapback]​

Damn, you do know Grainger don't you. Most people forget the tag-line we throw in the the big red book.

Check out some of the Shur-Flo pumps on-line at www.Grainger.com and let me which ones we may be interested in and I get back to with my cost. I can get you free shipping if it's on a credit card. (usually 1 day shipping)

Ron, I may be able to get you an impellor kit. Post a picture of a couple views of the pump and one of the spec tag and I'll see what I can do.

Don "Grainger Guy" Wallin

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Theautoguy+Dec 28 2004, 04:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-joeyboy777
@Dec 28 2004, 02:55 PM
...Grainger..  the ones who get it done....  Joe A
[snapback]65623[/snapback]​

Damn, you do know Grainger don't you. Most people forget the tag-line we throw in the the big red book.

Check out some of the Shur-Flo pumps on-line at www.Grainger.com and let me which ones we may be interested in and I get back to with my cost. I can get you free shipping if it's on a credit card. (usually 1 day shipping)

Ron, I may be able to get you an impellor kit. Post a picture of a couple views of the pump and one of the spec tag and I'll see what I can do.

Don "Grainger Guy" Wallin
[snapback]65641[/snapback]​
[/b]
i need to return my flowjet, it just took a crap.....I need to get it replaced before my 1 year is up in a week...I bought it in chgo...63rd street ..I bought it thru my work, but paid taxes

J/O

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Dec 28 2004, 04:46 PM
i need to return my flowjet, it just took a crap.....I need to get it replaced before my 1 year is up in a week...I bought it in chgo...63rd street ..I bought it thru my work, but paid taxes

J/O
[snapback]65642[/snapback]​

I go back to work next Monday, e-mail me at [email protected] Monday with a contact phone #. Don't worry about the warranty, I can take care of everything.

Grainger Don

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, my pump may not be bad after all. My fluid level was low. I know that sounds pretty lame, but my system is very unusual and it's hard to tell if it's low. With the pump on, the rad looks low and if you fill it the resivoir level will go up (even with the res being the highest point of fluid level). turn the pump off with the rad cap off, and the rad over flows and the res level goes down. My set-up is like this to quickly purge air from the system, but with the pinhole leak in my rad I can trap air in my upper rad tank and the system messes up. I think putting a shut off or one way valve before my resivoir after purging will solve this. It's always some trial and error when you engineer your own system like this. I was kind of surprised to see any effect like this with having the res on the low pressure side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list