3800 burnout

F

fastcash

Originally posted by Mike K+Dec 27 2004, 02:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-fastcash420
@Dec 27 2004, 02:20 PM
my car just drags. i put it in 1st, tcs off gun it, and it to 4k or so rpms, one whell will spin then the car just keeps moving. back tires just dragging. it looks pathetic
[snapback]65484[/snapback]​

You need more power. ;)
[snapback]65486[/snapback]​
[/b]

maybe the w body store wants to donate some more power on behalf of marketing their products, specifically i/c's ;) :D

F

fastcash

Originally posted by superchargedgp+Dec 27 2004, 02:35 PM-->
:lolsign: <!--QuoteBegin-fastcash420
@Dec 27 2004, 02:20 PM
one whell will spin
[snapback]65484[/snapback]​

when you see that just keep on the gas something eventually will smoke, not sure if it will be the tires :ph34r:
[snapback]65496[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lolsign: we'll see. maybe i need more practice...or a firehawk :ph34r:

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by fastcash420@Dec 27 2004, 02:05 PM
has anyone ever smoked - and i mean like seriously smoked - their stock or close to stock street tires? if so, HOW?
[snapback]65481[/snapback]​

Try throwing some bleach on them tires. Then hit the gas. You will see some nice white smoke. If I can do it in my Seville STS. There shouldnt be a problem with these cars.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by fastcash420@Dec 27 2004, 02:05 PM
has anyone ever smoked - and i mean like seriously smoked - their stock or close to stock street tires? if so, HOW?

i remeber once hearing a story of a guy named HORIST who supposedly burned his tires down to the wires....

not that anyone else here knows what I'm talking about.... :lol:

F

fastcash

Originally posted by dole21+Dec 27 2004, 08:04 PM-->
@Dec 27 2004, 02:05 PM

i remeber once hearing a story of a guy named HORIST who supposedly burned his tires down to the wires....

[snapback]65545[/snapback]​
[/b]

yeah, when your front calipers are 2 feet long, it's easy to hold the car still. fwd, and an e brake suck. especially a foot e brake. i saw that vid. sparky!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by dole21+Dec 27 2004, 08:04 PM-->
@Dec 27 2004, 02:05 PM

[snapback]65545[/snapback]​
[/b]
I had a '77 GP with a built 400. I brought an extra set of tires with me to Bemis woods for a little wager. I bet a friend I could blow 'em up, and I did. The smoke was visible from over the treeline that shrouds the rear parking lot. I shot tire belts all the way accross the parking lot, and pissed off several other car owners that were hit with debris. Ahh to be young and stupid!

Anyway, to do a good burnout...STAB the gas in first, and let it shift to second. Don't pussy around with easing it in; that is hard on the trans. It'll light them up every time.

F

fastcash

Anyway, to do a good burnout...STAB the gas in first, and let it shift to second. Don't pussy around with easing it in; that is hard on the trans. It'll light them up every time.
[snapback]65609[/snapback]​
[/quote]

that's how i do it. i am going to try the bleach thing and dvd-r it !

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Kids; don't try this at home....

In the performance starved late eighties I was in high school. My '81 Corrola was rear-wheel drive; and I was determined to do smoky burnouts leaving school.

So...I took my winshield wiper squiters off. Drilled holes in the wheelwells to mount them. Ran plumbing from the WW tank to them.

With just a push of a button it'd squirt the tires, so I was just a N-drop away from a big smoke show. I sheared off the crank to flexplate bolts twice, and busted 3 flexplates. But man, I could do some mean burnouts. Never had a problem with the trans though; Toyota knows how to make a durable drivetrain.

F

fastcash

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 28 2004, 01:55 PM
Kids; don't try this at home....

In the performance starved late eighties I was in high school. My '81 Corrola was rear-wheel drive; and I was determined to do smoky burnouts leaving school.

So...I took my winshield wiper squiters off. Drilled holes in the wheelwells to mount them. Ran plumbing from the WW tank to them.

With just a push of a button it'd squirt the tires, so I was just a N-drop away from a big smoke show. I sheared off the crank to flexplate bolts twice, and busted 3 flexplates. But man, I could do some mean burnouts. Never had a problem with the trans though; Toyota knows how to make a durable drivetrain.
[snapback]65617[/snapback]​

COOL :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info