3800 MP112's are good for 2200miles

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Locked up on me x-mas eve. I wasnt going to post until I saw how INTENSE handled it. Im not impressed to say the least. At the very least, Scott could assumed liability for dealing with Magnuson. Ive sent e-mails on it stating that I thought it was running abnormally from the very start. Thats my only reason for saying that.

Didnt seem to chime. Seems debris is the "topical excuse" for locked up MP112's dispite my claims. I blame myself too. I was suspect to it all along. But the 90 day sales pitch most likely would of been pounded up my ass. I had it for at least 3 months before I put it on. No matter what, 2000 miles is no bargen for $1750.

So its going to Magnuson. I know its nothing but a bearing. But its painfully obvious that if INTENSE dont want the liability. Magnuson can make up anything they want to escape liability...I want to rip it apart to perform my own investigation but I probably couldnt get an answer to my e-mail if I did that.

In all fairness, I should of waited for Magnuson before I jumped the gun and posted this. But, so far, I dont feel I was treated fairly. If the thing had 80K I wouldnt bitch. But I can already see I just got a $1750 ass beating for x-mas not to mention all those nice shavings forced into my engine..

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by rob@Dec 27 2004, 10:12 AM
Locked up on me x-mas eve.  I can already see I just got a $1750 ass beating for x-mas not to mention all those nice shavings forced into my engine..
[snapback]65417[/snapback]​

Bogus...but at least you're trying to handle this right way. That must have been some freaky shit hearing that noise going down the road :blink: It doesn't sound like any vendors are willing to stand behind the product. Maybe you are better off repairing it yourself?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I don't get why Intense has not been standing behind the community lately. Do they have another profitable business elsewhere or something? For awhile it seemed as if ZZP dropped the ball, and Intense stepped up to be the "professional" for 3800 motors; now it just seems like they're just cleaning up their mess from making too many promises and rushing stuff to the market ('04 guys will understand what I mean).

Definately sounds like some sort of Mfg. defect if you only got 2300 miles out of it. Normally in a situation like this the vendor should step up to the plate and replace the problem components. If you look at it like this:
They only need to replace one part of a kit. The kit price is $1750, at normal keystone mark=up that's $875.00 wholesale. Obviously there is more to the kit than just the blower, so at one component of the kit which they would be replacing we're prolly talking less than $500 of they're cost, which could prolly be reinbursed by Magnusen after they check it out. Pretty Chitty. Now it's up to you to do their job...invesigate the failure, and possibly find a way to improve their kit. Hmmm, that tells me that Intense has a known low mile failure on their hands, and will ignore it, not remedy it, and continue to sell the same product to unsuspecting others.

I had a Intense sticker in my rear windshield from IDD, it has since been removed.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 27 2004, 10:33 AM
I don't get why Intense has not been standing behind the community lately. Do they have another profitable business elsewhere or something? For awhile it seemed as if ZZP dropped the ball, and Intense stepped up to be the "professional" for 3800 motors; now it just seems like they're just cleaning up their mess from making too many promises and rushing stuff to the market ('04 guys will understand what I mean).

Definately sounds like some sort of Mfg. defect if you only got 2300 miles out of it. Normally in a situation like this the vendor should step up to the plate and replace the problem components. If you look at it like this:
They only need to replace one part of a kit. The kit price is $1750, at normal keystone mark=up that's $875.00 wholesale. Obviously there is more to the kit than just the blower, so at one component of the kit which they would be replacing we're prolly talking less than $500 of they're cost, which could prolly be reinbursed by Magnusen after they check it out. Pretty Chitty. Now it's up to you to do their job...invesigate the failure, and possibly find a way to improve their kit. Hmmm, that tells me that Intense has a known low mile failure on their hands, and will ignore it, not remedy it, and continue to sell the same product to unsuspecting others.

I had a Intense sticker in my rear windshield from IDD, it has since been removed.
[snapback]65427[/snapback]​

I cant think of any other MP112 car that has been driven on the street save Pictors, and maaaaaaybe JohnT. I dont think it was meant for the street. It was probably meant for trailor queens.

Does suck that intense is dropping the ball. I have been watching for awhile. My intense sticker is comming off soon as well. Its interesting to see what other people think about intense.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thanks for the support guys...I really thought eveyone was brainwashed by the vendor gods. I just may not be im not the only one whos been rectumized.

You right Ron. Im stuck troubleshooting this thing. I learned the Core or main body. Where the rotors spin is not new. Not to say thats the issue here. In all fairness I can see why intense would use it. To keep costs leashed up. Making it affordable. Or profitable. Either way. Back it up then. Big whip its reconditioned (measured)...But again. Not the issue here. I believe its a bearing.

Im starting to get the impression that they are starting to have probs with these SCers. Scott actually sent me an e-mail. 1st time. Any other was too confirm an order. He said that all other probs relating to failure was cause a bolt or screw gotten ran through it. Again, I forshadowed this problem to them. It still doesnt compute.

You can imagine my frustration after that. I think his goal was too feel me out.

You would thing at the very least. Even though they dont build them or fix them. I understand Magnuson does....To be perfectly fair.. If I were him I would want to see whats going on with one of my products and handle magnuson for my patrons.

You all would have to admitt, your going to get farther as a customer than a bone head of the street who wants something. Know what I mean. If he were looking out for us or cared for the matter he would of wanted to look at it and send it himself to magnuson and say "hey whats going on"??? NOT tell me twice I ran a fucking screw through it... Yea, I threw it in at 65mph on I55.. Weeeeee

Its a little early like I said but I can see how this is going to turn out. Magnuson can say anything they want. I just hope that more of you guys can learn from my mistakes which I never thought I made by choosing INTENSE. But you must be aware. You must see what motivates these people. YOUR CASH. NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. :angry:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I would like to UPDATE this post by saying Scott is working with me now to resolve this issue with Magnuson. I dont know what the out come will be. But in all fairness like I wanted to let you guys know this. Cause, if really felt like I was thrown to the dogs......

I will gladly remove my foot from my mouth for a new SCer and mouth wash.

Or is it the squeeky wheel gets the oil?

We will see.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by rob@Dec 27 2004, 12:50 PM
I would like to UPDATE this post by saying Scott is working with me now to resolve this issue with Magnuson. I dont know what the out come will be. But in all fairness like I wanted to let you guys know this. Cause, if really felt like I was thrown to the dogs......

We will see.
[snapback]65457[/snapback]​

Thats good that he is working with you now. I wonder what suddenly motivated them :unsure: :rolleyes:

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
I think this has happened before, the locking up. I'm asking around to see who/what/when/where I've heard this before.

IF a bolt was sucked into it, the rotors would be trashed pretty bad. But so would you TB most likely.

i hope you can get it resolved ! I would sell it when you get it back and get a turbo though !

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Fish+Dec 27 2004, 12:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 27 2004, 12:50 PM

We will see.

Thats good that he is working with you now. I wonder what suddenly motivated them :unsure: :rolleyes:
[snapback]65458[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ya know you would like too say that it was all this post. Then maybe you wouldnt.. :lol: Maybe Steve called them? As I said, I know I overeacted after there last transmittion. I was left with the impression that was it. Lets see what magnuson comes up with. Maybee they can find my missing TB screen :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by rob+Dec 27 2004, 01:17 PM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Dec 27 2004, 12:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 27 2004, 12:50 PM

We will see.

[snapback]65458[/snapback]​

Ya know you would like too say that it was all this post. Then maybe you wouldnt.. :lol: Maybe Steve called them? As I said, I know I overeacted after there last transmittion. I was left with the impression that was it. Lets see what magnuson comes up with. Maybee they can find my missing TB screen :lolsign:
[snapback]65465[/snapback]​
[/b]

DOH!! :ph34r:

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by beyerch@Dec 27 2004, 01:13 PM
I think this has happened before, the locking up.  I'm asking around to see who/what/when/where I've heard this before.

IF a bolt was sucked into it, the rotors would be trashed pretty bad.  But so would you TB most likely.

i hope you can get it resolved !  I would sell it when you get it back and get a turbo though !
[snapback]65462[/snapback]​

Hey Charels that turbo come with a FLUCKin WARRENTY... :lolsign:

Dont think the thought didnt cross my mind.

As far a the damage...Most of it was on the ends not the rotor tips. The damage to the tips was prevelent at the side of the damaged rotor ends...This giving me the impression that a bearing failed. This thing always growled (in hine site)..I just didnt know the difference in the SCer noises. I got a fer-go-zzi...

Rob,

I've dealt with installing two different MP112 setups. I was concerned with the first one having excessive noise, after talking to magnusson and Intense about it they said it was normal. Later on, not sure on milage or timeframe, the blower ate its cookies. Was a bearing failure according to magnusson. Magnusson took very good care of it and warrentied the blower. And ever since, that blower has been PERFECTLY running and alot quiter. I do not know what the deal is with them. I installed a second one, and it made similar noise to the first one I installed. 20 seconds of run time and it was shipped off to magnusson for inspection. Intense also called them, and that blower was also taken care of under warrenty. So in hind site, I have not had any big problems with getting MP112's taken care of under warrenty. Perhaps you are out of warrenty, time frame wise? I do not check this board often as of late so if you wish to discuss this with me, email would be the best bet.

[email protected]

Thanks
Lee

PS.... I DO NOT WORK FOR INTENSE NOR MAGNUSSON.

Originally posted by GP_Pimp@Dec 27 2004, 02:20 PM
Rob,

I've dealt with installing two different MP112 setups.  I was concerned with the first one having excessive noise, after talking to magnusson and Intense about it they said it was normal.  Later on, not sure on milage or timeframe, the blower ate its cookies.  Was a bearing failure according to magnusson.  Magnusson took very good care of it and warrentied the blower.  And ever since, that blower has been PERFECTLY running and alot quiter.  I do not know what the deal is with them.  I installed a second one, and it made similar noise to the first one I installed.  20 seconds of run time and it was shipped off to magnusson for inspection. Intense also called them, and that blower was also taken care of under warrenty.  So in hind site, I have not had any big problems with getting MP112's taken care of under warrenty.  Perhaps you are out of warrenty, time frame wise?  I do not check this board often as of late so if you wish to discuss this with me, email would be the best bet.

[email protected]

Thanks
Lee

PS.... I DO NOT WORK FOR INTENSE NOR MAGNUSSON.
[snapback]65483[/snapback]​

Lee is correct.

Rob, you and I have spoken MANY times in the past and I have worked very hard to assist you in all of your questions. Please do not feel like we were hanging you out to dry in any way, or that we were "forced" into helping you. We have 100% commitment to our customers and we always will.

The only reason that Scott directed you directly to Magnuson, and this is the ONLY time that we will ask our customers to work directly with a vendor, is because we have dealt with this problem in the past with the blower from Minnesota and Magnuson was very quick at dealing at with it. We trust Magnuson to handle this very quickly (and they do) and it helps eliminate the middle man when it comes to getting you back on the road as quick as possible. If it wasn’t for the fact that we had dealt with this in the past, we would have handled it for you. But the fastest way to get you back on the road was to deal directly with Magnuson, who we trust 100% in this situation. It was not a "just deal with the vendor because we want nothing to do with you, we already have your money" situation. It was a "please deal directly with Magnuson because you will be taken care of and back on the road the fastest" situation. I deeply apologize if Scott did not express it in this manner.

We do not exist if we don't value and support our customers, and that is something that we will never falter or fail on.

Normally I wouldn't post, but we love you IL guys and don't want any of you to think that we have hung you out.

Please call me Rob if you have any more issues, we are here for you.

Thanks,

--Chris

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thanks thats what happened...As far as the warrenty, 90 days, well thats not going to apply too me cause I stock pile parts. The warrenty was expired before I got it on the car. I would however expect more than 2200 miles out of my $1750.

I know the rotor housings are used. Quite possably are the rotors and bearings my have gottin in my unit.. Like yours it growled from the start. Scott has pretty much said im covered as long as its not from FOD (debris) and thats not the case. So I will be waiting for magnuson.

I will continue to run the MP112 as long I have Intense backing me...We'll see.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Well enough said then..Thanks Chris and Lee. Seems I was under the wrong impression then. I hope to have this spinning on my car with the least amount of resistence as possable. I dont beilieve we were forced. Maybe just informed..

Keep up the good work Bumpin..... :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info