3800 For those with ported exhaust manies...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The front one is really a problem, you can only go so far with it and you will break through the metal. If you really want to open it up, metal has to be added to it. If you want to experiment, I can do some welding on them for shits and giggles.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 27 2004, 10:17 AM
The front one is really a problem, you can only go so far with it and you will break through the metal. If you really want to open it up, metal has to be added to it. If you want to experiment, I can do some welding on them for shits and giggles.
[snapback]65418[/snapback]​

Thats a good idea. Fillit weld then go at it with a die grinder. Zack, a dremmel is nice but a die grinder electric or air makes faster work out of it..22-23000rpms.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I added almost 3/4" of metal to mine! I was able to have no hump in the manifold whatsoever. After I polished, sent them out to Jet-hot. I've never been in too much of a hurry for headers.

What would be awesome to do is weld mild steel tubes to the stock flange. Make your own headers. I was going to make a front header in the spring if I had time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info