3800 Remote starters

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
i bought my car used and it came pre installed. B) gotta love that. working at bestbuy i'm sure i can get a phat discount on them though. haven't checked what it is though since i already have one. the brand on my remote is auto mate. the range when i'm in busy parking lots doesn't seem to be all that great, but maybe that's the battery, i dunno. was that 400 after install? cuz i'm sure with our cars they have to bypass the ignition to trick the car into letting it start with no key in the ignition, so that is why installation can be so expensive. at least that's what i heard a guy telling a customer with a blazer, so i'm kinda assuming it's the same for us.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by 00GTPSC@Dec 24 2004, 02:49 AM
Who's got em??? Where did you get them from, how much was it, what kind is it, and how much did it cost to get put on??? this cold blows and i'm thinkin about gettin one, i went to ciruit city and told me it was gonna be like 400$

Jim
[snapback]65220[/snapback]​

Hm, I just had a remote starter/alarm/keyless entry installed in my Lightning at Circuit City for $277 + a $30 power lock module.

Originally posted by 00GTPSC+Dec 24 2004, 10:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Dec 24 2004, 09:06 AM
i got it
got it from my work ,  viper 790xv, 180bucks on my discout. I put it in myself
[snapback]65224[/snapback]​

How much would it be for me without the discount, and do you guys install?
Don't know for sure if i am gonna get one, but i am really thinkin about it.
[snapback]65229[/snapback]​
[/b]

that model regular price is $499...that was the last thing i baught before i quit working at best buy..nothing like getting a $499 alarm system for $180 :D

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I have put Viper 550's with remote start on my last 4 vehicles without a problem. I use Midwest security on 87th street just east of Kedzie. They are total professionals and do a real nice install! Anyone who knows how anal I am about my car knows I don't trust just anyone. Talk to Jeff there 708-499-6116. He does them for $345.00 (no tax if you pay cash).

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Dec 24 2004, 10:42 AM
i bought my car used and it came pre installed.  B)  gotta love that.  working at bestbuy i'm sure i can get a phat discount on them though. haven't checked what it is though since i already have one. the brand on my remote is auto mate. the range when i'm in busy parking lots doesn't seem to be all that great, but maybe that's the battery, i dunno. was that 400 after install? cuz i'm sure with our cars they have to bypass the ignition to trick the car into letting it start with no key in the ignition, so that is why installation can be so expensive. at least that's what i heard a guy telling a customer with a blazer, so i'm kinda assuming it's the same for us.
[snapback]65230[/snapback]​
Which Best Buy do you work at...and the one thats like 400+ i do believe employee price is like 170?

Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Dec 28 2004, 02:50 AM
west dundee
[snapback]65572[/snapback]​

I've got a buddy who works there. I used to work at golf mill when your now GM (Chris King) was a sales manager at the store I worked at. I was going to work at the best buy you work at (West Dundee) but for the amount of $ I was offered for the position it wasn't worth a 45 min drive one way each day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info