3800 Trans is broke again

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
:(

Merry Xmas to me.

Unbelievable...

Just started this morning. Slips past 3K RPM - just revs. SES P0741 or P0742 - clutch related. NO reverse after driving a few minutes. Stop car - restart - and REV comes back. Basically the same symptoms as last time it broke.

Just vending... I'm going to ask for the clubs help in another thread...

J.E.T.

edit add:
And this happened when I was going home AFTER 30 HOURS of working. What a day!!!

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Dec 23 2004, 10:49 PM
:(

Merry Xmas to me.

Unbelievable...

Just started this morning.  Slips past 3K RPM - just revs.  SES P0741 or P0742 - clutch related.  NO reverse after driving a few minutes.  Stop car - restart - and REV comes back.  Basically the same symptoms as last time it broke.

Just vending...  I'm going to ask for the clubs help in another thread...

J.E.T.

edit add:
And this happened when I was going home AFTER 30 HOURS of working.  What a day!!!
[snapback]65198[/snapback]​

Ugh, Sorry to hear that man. I'll be hitting ZZP for a trans rebuild probably sometime in Feb-April timeframe, but I am still contemplating whether I can make it another year or not on the stock tranny..

What work did you have done on your transmission?

Did you email Zooomer yet letting him know whats happening? I am sure he would probably help you out...

Good Luck with everything,

Joel

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Yup, ZZP just rebuilt it no more than 3K miles ago. Zoomer will fix it under warranty. He says there might have been something overlooked the last times it was rebuilt.

These things happen - I understand. Even though its under warranty, the time and money to get the car there is killing me. Towing expenses, trip expense, time off work and time off from family, all take a toll. It gets to a point where modding a daily driver doesnt have a sweet taste any longer.

J.E.T.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Dec 27 2004, 11:36 AM
Yup,  ZZP just rebuilt it no more than 3K miles ago.  Zoomer will fix it under warranty.  He says there might have been something overlooked the last times it was rebuilt.

These things happen - I understand.  Even though its under warranty, the time and money to get the car there is killing me.  Towing expenses, trip expense, time off work and time off from family, all take a toll.  It gets to a point where modding a daily driver doesnt have a sweet taste any longer. 

J.E.T.
[snapback]65450[/snapback]​

Itsgood that they are taking care of it....Maybe he will throw you a bone insome pats or an extra PCM tune or something. Evena night out drinking...Send a prostitute too your room later...Weeeee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info