3800 Walbro Fuel Pump Install Instructions?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by rob@Dec 23 2004, 01:00 PM
There is a fuel access door in the trunk. You need not drop the tank... :)

However there is a fuel pump caomatability problem with the warbrows on the L67s.

Not sure on the L36s. No port on the warbrows for the venturie..
[snapback]65167[/snapback]​

Rob, The problem is not the Walbros, it's how they are used. The "other" kits don't allow for proper usage of the suction hose that pulls the tank dry. We've sold quite a few of our kits with no complaints about tank level to date. I just don't want people thinking that this problem is with the pump; it's not.

I have some instructions I've been working on Mike. I'll try to finish them up and email them to you.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K+Dec 23 2004, 04:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 23 2004, 01:00 PM

However there is a fuel pump caomatability problem with the warbrows on the L67s.

Rob, The problem is not the Walbros, it's how they are used. The "other" kits don't allow for proper usage of the suction hose that pulls the tank dry. We've sold quite a few of our kits with no complaints about tank level to date. I just don't want people thinking that this problem is with the pump; it's not.

I have some instructions I've been working on Mike. I'll try to finish them up and email them to you.
[snapback]65178[/snapback]​
[/b]

I just posted on this Mike. Are you using a different pump the the other guys cause its a compatabality and a pump performance issue. Not just a matter of sucking the tank down...Even thought the venturi does aid in getting the fuel off the bottom, the vaccum created helps the pump perforance..

Does your kit or pump have the high pressure venturi port on the pump?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by rob+Dec 23 2004, 06:25 PM-->
Originally posted by Mike K@Dec 23 2004, 04:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 23 2004, 01:00 PM

[snapback]65178[/snapback]​

I just posted on this Mike. Are you using a different pump the the other guys cause its a compatabality and a pump performance issue. Not just a matter of sucking the tank down...Even thought the venturi does aid in getting the fuel off the bottom, the vaccum created helps the pump perforance..

Does your kit or pump have the high pressure venturi port on the pump?
[snapback]65181[/snapback]​
[/b]

No I'm not using a different pump Rob, but on the L67 cars the main problem is how it's installed. Perhaps I can clear this all up by inviting some people over to watch install the 255lph in my car. I can show you guys the entire assembly, the part (or lack thereof) that causes the problem, and what our kit incorporates that remedies this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list