3800 help with LS1 TB install

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Diavolo@Dec 21 2004, 04:47 PM
The adapter plate in my LS1 TB (which I got from Hale) does not fit on my SC.  The holes line up fine, but on my Supercharger, there is a vacuum tube sticking out 1/4 inch.  There is no hole for this to go into on the spacer. 

What am I supposed to do?  Do I need a diff adapter plate?

This is on a 97.

Thanks
Mike
[snapback]64947[/snapback]​
That sounds like the alignment pin, there's no provision for it on the spacer? It can be pulled out with some needlenose pliers if you have to, it's just a roll pin.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I wouldn't cut it off, it'd be impossible to get it out later. If it is in fact the roll pin, it'll have a slit down the center. Should be able to crush it by flatenning it, and it should break free. Of course it's been sitting in there for 8-9 years. Probably won't go with out a fight.

I

imported_Diavolo

yeah it is the roll pin. There is a slit. I tried with vise grips to get it out, also tryed to flatten it with pliers.

I also took a hammer to it and tried hammering it in but no luck there. Right now I am letting some WD40 soak in and see what happens.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Dec 22 2004, 06:08 AM
[happy gilmore voice]  just tap it in  [happy gilmore voice]
[snapback]64986[/snapback]​

Do what J/O says. When I was over there last fall putting mine on I couldn't pull it out for the life of me and damn near mangled it beyond repair. I was looking for a bigger set of vice grips (getting pissed at that point) and J/O just taps it in with a couple light taps before I could make it any worse. It hasn't leaked once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list