3800 spark timing ?

F

fastcash

what are the drawbacks (aside from loss of performance) if i pull 2-3* of timing for and extended amount of time...like 20k miles or 5 months?

i have two degrees of kr with exhuast, intake, 103's, and a 180 t-stat. I plan on improvements in 5 months, but until then i was hoping to just pull timing as a "solution" of kr elimination. thanks

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Dec 21 2004, 11:32 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@Dec 21 2004, 03:07 AM
3" pulley all summer long, no ic and no regrets 
2.8" pulley 20* timing all summer long, no ic no regrets, :p :D
[snapback]64880[/snapback]​

......and a helluva lot more $$$ invested than me ;) :p B)
[snapback]64901[/snapback]​
[/b]
Bumpin, by spring I'll be running a 2.8 with 22 degrees of timing on 87 octane, and a 2.6" with 93 octane. so there!

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Too much timming is no good. I saw 32.5 at 27-32K at mid throttle... No good. I got ping. Minimal KR if you can believe it. .8-2.8* with a 2.8 MP112. However the belt is slipping keeping me at 12-15lbs...Lot more to go here. Need PCM and reduce belt slippage. For now, its a safety. Dont need more boost with the timming out of whack...

Bottom line....No power..Ive learned boosted cars have to really regulate that due to the artificial compression....

You have too tune it like you are... Dont be afraid to use gas...It really makes a differance..100 octane..

S

sr71_rgl

Isn't it normal to see TA in the 30s at part throttle? I see that quite often just cruisin around but it drops to half that at WOT. Most peeps think the happy knob (what a gh3y name) is best used for timing advance but it works just as good to kill knock by retarding timing when running too much boost or not enough octane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info