3800 Cam

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I think i am most likley getting the VS cam.

What else is needed besides the actualy camshaft (i know i need pushrods, heavier springs, retainers)

But what else is actually needed.

The car has over 100k miles, so i assume i need a new timing chain. I dont know much about the extras that are needed.

I really wanna get this thing in over break.

If someone could please compose a "shoping list" that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot
Ryan

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
when i did mine,

I got a new timing chain, dampener, cam sprocket(all from ed morad)...um..a couple others...i got them written down outside in the garage...i'll get the rest of them later if no one else has

105lb springs
steel retainers
I did not get the lightweight pushrods...

the cam install kit from different sites are different also...

between intense/zzp one provides valve cover gaskets...the other did NOT when i ordered mine...don't remember which one did though

rocker bolts...upper intake/lower intake gaskets SHOULD come in the kit, but check before you order it...

the new o-rings for the upper intake..i don't recall if the kit came with them or not. I replaced my injector o-rings at the same time i did all this, cause ya gotta take em off anyway

S

sr71_rgl

Seeing how you've got over 100k on it this would be a good time to freshen up some other items that can be replaced while that side of the motor is exposed. I'd look into the H20 pump and maybe crank position sensor to start. I'm sure others can recommend parts as well. What day are you doing this anyway?

I

imported_snoop

you dont need a water pump pending on milage. if its over say mas a menos 60,000, then i would say i think so. but with a cam do it right or do it twice. with a vs cam these are good to have

springs
new chain
and whatever comes with the kit. that pretty much sums it up cuz of it being such a mild cam.

just with those, you will be fine.

I

imported_snoop

single chain

go with the vs cam. and then the intercooler. after that, start playing with timing, and that rustang guy will not touch you. assuming he doesnt touch the car anymore

but if it was me, get the IC. you already got headers and rockers. it would be stupid to get a cam in my opinion. get the ic and run a 2.6 all day long.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by snoop@Dec 21 2004, 08:28 AM
single chain

go with the vs cam. and then the intercooler. after that, start playing with timing, and that rustang guy will not touch you. assuming he doesnt touch the car anymore

but if it was me, get the IC. you already got headers and rockers. it would be stupid to get a cam in my opinion. get the ic and run a 2.6 all day long.
[snapback]64889[/snapback]​

hes gotta do a big tear down anyway to fix it, and thats why hes considering the cam, gonna be pulling apart a ton of stuff anyway.

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by Kyle+Dec 21 2004, 07:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-snoop
@Dec 21 2004, 06:55 PM
ohhhhhhhh, i see said the blind man as he picked up the hammer and saw. :lolsign:
[snapback]64955[/snapback]​

i'm not acting like i know as much nor more than u, u dont have to act like an ass.

just saying why not have that done while he's gonna have so much done anyway.
[snapback]64957[/snapback]​
[/b]

alright bitch, here we go again. another up tight little boy that gets his pantys in a bunch. let me ask you something sweety, where in my phrase did i sound like a ass. tell me please. unless you are illiterate or just plain dumb, there is nothing there but a little sentence understanding you from your last post bitch. arent you the guy that has his own guitar or something like that. ummm yeah, turn down your amplifier dude, cuz your getting dumber by the moment. again, that was something innocent coming from me. so if you took offense to it, FUCK YOU! now take offense to this honey. now after you write back, i wont respond. if you still have a problem, pm me and we can take if from there. hope to hear from ya

p.s. syp, at least you didnt take it in his way. glad you understood. good luck with whatever route you go boss. that rustang wont know what hit his ass :p . (or should i say, blow past his ass) good luck

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I dont know why you always gotta start crap with people snoop, I just took what you said as mean thing to say directed at my inteligence. Did I call you any names or anything? no I was just saying dont be a dick to me for no reason. obviously tone of voice or sarcasism or anything like cant be communicated with text but I took it like you were trying to be a dick to me when I was just passing on what had already been said.'

And I dont understand why u got so angry about that anyway. Are you pmsing or something? because I didnt see it as a huge deal personally. I'm not here to argue or start crap with people like you always seem to be.

just trying to be part of the forum and get treated with a little respect.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Dec 19 2004, 12:30 PM
I think i am most likley getting the VS cam.

What else is needed besides the actualy camshaft (i know i need pushrods, heavier springs, retainers)

But what else is actually needed.

The car has over 100k miles, so i assume i need a new timing chain.  I dont know much about the extras that are needed.

I really wanna get this thing in over break.

If someone could please compose a "shoping list" that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot
Ryan
[snapback]64700[/snapback]​

HA... werent you sweating a busted engine a few weeks ago??

Maybe a cam should be put in AFTER you have the car completely tuned up and running like day one....

BC

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by snoop+Dec 23 2004, 08:51 AM-->
Originally posted by Kyle@Dec 21 2004, 07:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-snoop
@Dec 21 2004, 06:55 PM
ohhhhhhhh, i see said the blind man as he picked up the hammer and saw. :lolsign:
[snapback]64955[/snapback]​

i'm not acting like i know as much nor more than u, u dont have to act like an ass.

just saying why not have that done while he's gonna have so much done anyway.
[snapback]64957[/snapback]​

alright bitch, here we go again. another up tight little boy that gets his pantys in a bunch. let me ask you something sweety, where in my phrase did i sound like a ass. tell me please. unless you are illiterate or just plain dumb, there is nothing there but a little sentence understanding you from your last post bitch. arent you the guy that has his own guitar or something like that. ummm yeah, turn down your amplifier dude, cuz your getting dumber by the moment. again, that was something innocent coming from me. so if you took offense to it, FUCK YOU! now take offense to this honey. now after you write back, i wont respond. if you still have a problem, pm me and we can take if from there. hope to hear from ya

p.s. syp, at least you didnt take it in his way. glad you understood. good luck with whatever route you go boss. that rustang wont know what hit his ass :p . (or should i say, blow past his ass) good luck
[snapback]65136[/snapback]​
[/b]

Jesus man, got a little sand in the vagina??

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info