3800 urlacher most overrated?

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3244198 i dunno what this reporter is thinking. he might be overrated, but the most overrated? when i think of overrated the first name that comes in to mind is warren sapp. how is urlacher overrated when the bears do not have any wins this year without him in the lineup. this guy must be writing this to get publicity and to make a name for himself.

I

imported_Diavolo

you switch Ray Lewis (murderer) and Urlacher and I bet Lewis would then be considered the most overrated and Urlacher would be the best. When you are on a struggling YOUNG team, of course you aren't going to be able to make EVERY BIG play.

How many players would come back from surgery, even before he was supposed to, and play the way he did against the Vikings.

I guess I am just biased because I am a die hard Bears fan.

S

sr71_rgl

It's true he is the most overrated player in the league, but a linebacker is only as good as the defensive linemen in front of him. 2 years ago when Urlacher was kickin ass he had Ted Washington and some other huge run stuffer in front of him taking up all the blockers. Now that hes got undersized/skilled tackles in front of him all the centers/guards in the leage have declared it open season on his ass and he's showing his true worth. That being said if we had a two studs playing DT in front of him he'd be back to his old head hunting ways. I really don't like him playing MLB. Sure he's super fast and good at chasing guys down but I couldn't give a frog's fat ass if my MLB can run a 4.6 I wan't him to be a big mean SOB that shed blocks and stuff the run at the line of scrimmage not 30 yds downfield.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
in case you haven't noticed he was on pace to have a much better year than the previous couple he had with non undersized lineman. what makes him so overrated? is it because he's popular? if any player on the bears defense is considered to be the most overrated it's not urlacher, it's ogunleye. wtf happened to the 15 sacks he had last year. oh wait, he doesn't have jason taylor on the same line anymore, that's right. now he's on the line with mr. big mouth tommie harris. the same defensive line that couldn't touch manning after they talked all that smack. but again, the most overrated player is sapp, no question about it.

I

imported_Diavolo

but I couldn't give a frog's fat ass if my MLB can run a 4.6 I wan't him to be a big mean SOB that shed blocks and stuff the run at the line of scrimmage not 30 yds downfield.

That has nothing to do with Urlacher. If everyone on the team was 120 and 5 foot 2 inches, would Urlacher be any worse. Just because he is on a crappy team (as much as I love the Bears and know there D was doing decent) doesn't mean he is overrated.

If you put Urlacher on the Ravens (an AWESOME DEFENSE with or without lewis) he would have the same or BETTER year then Lewis. If you put Lewis on the Bears, I bet he would have just as bad of a year as Urlacher

In college, Urlacher played ever position but QB. Someone with that skill is not considered overrated.

2008 Urlacher for Pres. :lolsign:

S

sr71_rgl

I hate to argue against my beloved bearz but he is over rated. He's a good MLB that had WAY too much hype as the second coming of Butkis when he has yet to prove he's worthy of getting the man coffee. Fact is Urlacher makes too many plays 6-9 yrds down field when a MLBs #1 priority in life is stopping the run at the point of attack. Every bacher is taught from pee wee his first step is forward..not backwards. I do agree that he would make the pro bowl easily if he switched w/Ray Lewis. Oddly enough, da bearz Dline is playing pretty good now late in the 3rd. Maybe Chico has taken the reigns off those guys???

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by dole21@Dec 19 2004, 03:08 PM
wow....

what a disgrace the offensive line is.....

what a sad game...and we wonder why the bears have had 13 startign qb's since 1998
[snapback]64712[/snapback]​

Yeah, it's beyond sad at this point. It really looked like our offense was only a quarterback away from being produdtive. It's clear now the only areas that don't need a big improvement are 1) tail back (TJ is the man) and 2) special teams. Everything else needs bigtime help :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info