3800 Sprint and Nextel merging

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 00GTPSC@Dec 14 2004, 06:16 PM
Anyone else heard this? One of my buddies is opening a Nextel place in oakbrook and he told me that Sprint and Nextel are merging together.
[snapback]63989[/snapback]​

Yep it's true. The rumor mill at work (motorola) has been spinning this for months. It'll happen in the next month or so. Not sure how it'll impact the cost of plans/phones but I know for a fact the nextel/iDEN network will merge with Sprints which means much better broadband access/speeds for the end user. It also means there's a good chance I'm gonna have to look for a job soon :angry:

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Dec 14 2004, 06:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-00GTPSC
@Dec 14 2004, 06:16 PM
Anyone else heard this? One of my buddies is opening a Nextel place in oakbrook and he told me that Sprint and Nextel are merging together.
[snapback]63989[/snapback]​

Yep it's true. The rumor mill at work (motorola) has been spinning this for months. It'll happen in the next month or so. Not sure how it'll impact the cost of plans/phones but I know for a fact the nextel/iDEN network will merge with Sprints which means much better broadband access/speeds for the end user. It also means there's a good chance I'm gonna have to look for a job soon :angry:
[snapback]63996[/snapback]​
[/b]

Sorry to hear that Nick, that really sucks for you.

I hope that means our signals will be better for us.

F

fastcash

nextel rules, sprint sucks, but somehow they will set the benchmark for signal strength. now, the cingular at&t merge was probably THE WORST possible two company merge in phone history cingular...raising the bar...yeah right raising it off their throats maybe...CINGULAR AND AT&T SSSUUUUCCCCKKKK. sorry, just wanted to vent.

edit: drew off the websters dictionary cingular adj. the act of being the worst thing ever invented and loathed by all, syn. shitty, crap, dookie, cesspool :lolsign:

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by fastcash420@Dec 15 2004, 02:56 PM
nextel rules, sprint sucks, but somehow they will set the benchmark for signal strength. now, the cingular at&t merge was probably THE WORST possible two company merge in phone history cingular...raising the bar...yeah right raising it off their throats maybe...CINGULAR AND AT&T SSSUUUUCCCCKKKK.  sorry, just wanted to vent.

edit: drew off the websters dictionary cingular adj. the act of being the worst thing ever invented and loathed by all, syn. shitty, crap, dookie, cesspool  :lolsign:
[snapback]64081[/snapback]​

Hey now, that merger was a much better idea than Sprint and Nextel. Both Cingular and AT&T use the same network so the integration is almost seamless. They pick up more towers in each market to enchance their service. GSM is also the world standard so it is a good system to have. The merger between Sprint and Nextel will be quite a mess because they are 2 separate systems, and network integration would be a toss up. The Sprint system has a lot more potential to build from, but the iDen system can't be beat when it comes to 2-way.

Disclaimer: I may be partially biased due to the fact that I work for Cingular, but I do try to keep an open mind and look at everything. And I wil not sit here and tell you Cingular is the best, because we have our good and bad spots like everyone else.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Update for all of you. This merger should be approved fast because it does not involve any real problems for competition liek the Cingular-ATT did. Also the iDen(nextel) network will be integrated over to the CDMA EV-DO(Sprint) network. This should help to improve your coverage if you use Nextel, because many other companies use the same technology.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
i used to have sprint but i cancelled it early about 5 months ago, and they still haven't charged me the $170 or whatever for quitting my contract. i had my bills automatically taken out of my account and they sent me my last bill saying that the $170 would be taken out of my account on a certain day, but it never was. i have a feeling they are gonna try to rape me and say i'm late paying the bill and charge me $500 or something. i hope it's not hurting my credit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info