3800 transwork and nhift points

I

imported_GraFFix

You can have the shift points raised if you want it will not effect it. raised shift points really only matter when your WOT not daily driving.

I dont really know enough on how it all works but I think with the reluctor wheel spoofing the pcm for gearing doesnt effect the WOT shift points.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Raising the shift points helps a lot with rockers or cam. The Cya PCM I had kept the stock shift point at 5400. When I put in the rockers, I couldn't even tell a diference. I raised my 1st gear shift to 5800, and my 2nd to 6000; and it just pulls like hell after 5400. Definately worth doing if you have lower shift points. Just be aware they come with a price. If you decide to shift above 6000, start looking at stiffer valvesprings. At least 95#'s for 6000-6200, 6200-6500 105#'s, and 110's above that. Mind you this reccomendation os for rockers; cam #'s will be different. I would personally stick with 95#'s, since rockers won't do you much good after 6200 anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list