would I be better off to go with a ported blower and ported mani's

or ported heads and ported mani's

or headers

or 50 shot ported mani's

Keep in mind that I just want to go hi 12's this year

Thanks,
Brett
[snapback]63728[/snapback]​

Alky injection and a 3" pulley will get you there and you won't even need to pop a valve cover. Heads are very expensive unless you can find someone who's got a local hook up. Both intense and zzp charge an arm and a leg for theirs and that's not including the labor to remove the whole top half of the motor. I was lucky enough to find a fellow Regal guy who was getting rid of a set he had a local speed shop do for him so I got mine for 1/3 what others are paying. Exhaust manis are a pretty good mod if you only plan on going low 13's (w/out Alky) and aren't that hard to swap but you're not going to gain much. A ported blower won't do much if you cant get the air into or out of the motor. You're best bet would be to get a set of TOGs on. That way you improve your exhaust flow and have a good solid foundation to build on.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Dec 14 2004, 03:21 PM
well I just sent the heads out for extensive port and polish a 6 angle valve job, bronz valve guides and assembly it will cost me $775 + $350 for l32 heads + $325 for all the goodies to do them.
Thanks,
Brett
[snapback]63948[/snapback]​

Sounds like you're getting the works done to 'em, but keep in mind they won't do a damn thing to improve performance until you get a high lift cam installed to take advantage of all the extra space.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info