3800 Max timing for L67

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, the happy knob finally got put together this weekend. I made timing tables to adjust from 1-7 degrees over stock. After tuning everything else, I'm still not seeing KR with 7+ degrees, and .910 02's. Personally, I think it'll max out with 22-24 degrees advance at WOT, but I have heard people running as high as 28 degrees. Any info would be appreciated.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well, my only thought is that not many people have probably maxed thier timing with a correct tune. Up until now many people just used a happy knob/iccu and afc. And if they maxed the happy knob or iccu, thats all the further they could go. So many people may not know their personal limit, unless DHP got involved with a personal tune.

All in all i would probably keep turning it up. Maybe like 1* a week and record several runs over that week. Then at first sign of knock, drop it back a degree, and call it tuned. But thats just me, and im just learning tuning.

Good luck with your conquest. :D

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 13 2004, 09:31 AM
Well, the happy knob finally got put together this weekend. I made timing tables to adjust from 1-7 degrees over stock. After tuning everything else, I'm still not seeing KR with 7+ degrees, and .910 02's. Personally, I think it'll max out with 22-24 degrees advance at WOT, but I have heard people running as high as 28 degrees. Any info would be appreciated.
[snapback]63701[/snapback]​

I think 30* is the max @ WOT. Most peeps get the most benefit at around 24* max. It seems L67 pistons can handle boost a lot better than timing fwiw.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by gtphale@Dec 14 2004, 07:47 PM
I was pushing 32 to 33 deg of timing with a thrasher cam and IC with 0 kr with a 2.7 pulley and 12 lbs of boost. O2's in the .910 range. Car blew due to a lack of oil not fuel so no comments about thats why my car blew.
[snapback]64000[/snapback]​
is that what you tell yourself to feel better?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info