3800 Bye bye fuel pump...i think..

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, so lately ive been hearing a louder whine from the rear. Tonight i got out and listened and im pretty positive its the fuel pump. I dont remember it being this loud before. Its not extremely loud or anything, but you can hear it. I seem to notice it more after doing some WOT runs. But that may just be because im waiting for my engine to blowup and screw me over. Anyways, whats everyones experience with a dieing pump? How loud will it get before its gone?

Also, it looks like the walbro is much cheaper than a stock replacement. Why would this be? Ive also read that the sending unit goes bad often...how can you check this? Im guessing the walbro doesnt include a new sending unit?

I remember reading that many walbro guys werent getting enough gas from their tanks when it was low. Something about a hose not being long enough or the pump not being able to suck it up good enough. Anyone else heard about this?

All information appreciated :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list