3800 my car is a fat ass

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Dec 12 2004, 02:32 AM
4100 with me out of it.

Please tell me you had a dead body in the trunk. I was under the impression that our cars averaged 3400-3600lbs, without a driver?
[snapback]63584[/snapback]​

18 rims fully sound deadend trunk with 12 inch sub where the spare used to be. Amp, 5 farad cap, 0 gauge wire and ascd wale tail with foamed trunk lid also matted along with back dash, and finally all bmr suspension witch adds alot of weight believe it or not.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Dec 14 2004, 01:47 AM
my goal is 2999 with me in it next season, in my 97, the 2000 will become a fat ass again.
[snapback]63850[/snapback]​
I got a '79 Cutlass to 2600lbs, I think you can do better than that with a unibody. You need to chuck the heavy stuff like the steering, and replace it with lighter parts. In a race car, you don't need power anything. I drove my 2600lb Cutlass around with a overbored 428 Pontiac in it, with no power steering or breaks. Glass in the drivers door and windshield, but everywhere else was plastic. You don't need heat either, all the hoses can be lightened. Tons of stuff you can do. I love hacking off weight, You should have another mod day, we'll all drink beer and tell you crap to remove from your ride. :beer:

Did I forget to mention paint? A basecoat/clearcoat job typically weighs in over 60lbs!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info