3800 custom installers....iccu related

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
give me some advice.

I made a temp. plate for my ICCU w/ the buttons tonight. I"d like to fit it in the cubby without cutting the cubby. Right now its made out of plexiglass and its basically gonna be my template for a final product. Can ya give me any better products that might be easier to modify?

cutting curves on this stuff sucks as you can see by my pictures, I didn't take alot of time on the curves..but this is wedged in there pretty well right now.

I took all the screws out and just removed the ash tray I just dont' have enought knowledge in the custom department as to better materials

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Make a cardboard template, cut it out in hardboard. Cover the hardboard with a laminate, or fiberglass gel coat it, and sand it down to paint. Should come out pretty nice. The other option is to just mount it in a small projects enclosure. I saw some pretty nice ones at Fry's electronics. That way, you could mount it anywhere velcro will hold it...like the steering column.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Using a dremel will make it a lot easier. You can cut any shape you want with those sanding bits. Plexiglass will work well, trust me. What are you wanting to change on it? Why are you looking for a different material? You best bet would be to make a template with cardboard, the best you can, and then cut the plexiglass using that template.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info